2022 SSN ROUND 12

2022 SSN ROUND 122022-05-26T18:44:47+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 12

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 129 total)
  • Author

Courtney Bruce getting very frustrated with the umpires. She’s the most penalised player on court. Firebirds 65-63 with 6 minutes left.

Ian Harkin

Firebirds just with the edge at the moment, up 69-66 with 3 minutes left.

Ian Harkin

Glasgow lands a super shot but it’s followed up by a fumble by Fowler. Firebirds win!!! And deservedly it finishes with a goal from Bueta, who has been simply incredible in this game.

D-fencr
    Participant

Wow Firebirds! Super composed.

Bruce is one of those players I’m glad we have on the international stage, but don’t love watching in club netball.

Ian Harkin

Seriously, Gretel Bueta… 40/41, 7 assists, 1 gain, 5 deflections, 32 centre-pass receives and 1 pickup.

And what a game for Jemma Mi Mi and Donnell Wallam. That was special for the Firebirds. Currently all the feels in First Nations Round

Ian Harkin

Another twist in the battle for the semi-finals! Firebirds jump all the way up to 3rd, with 2 games to come of course.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Firebirds 72-68

Fowler 60/60 (100%)
    Glasgow 6/11 (55%)
    TOTAL 66/71 (93%)

Bueta 40/41 (98%)
    Wallam 24/27 (89%)
    Stower 6/6 (100%)
    TOTAL 70/74 (95%)

Super shots:
    FEV 2/3
    FIR 2/2

Assists: Teague-Neeld, Mi Mi 20
    Gains: Bruce 5

MVP: Gretel Bueta (Firebirds)

Ian Harkin

Let’s all take a moment to remember 2 years ago. Jemma Mi Mi has played the whole game today. And it was way more than just a token gesture. She was terrific. She can be expensive at times, but today she had just 1 turnover to go with her 20 assists.

JR
    Participant

Yes, what happened two years ago to Mi Mi was bizarre (and unconscionable given F’Birds were going to win).

Well done F’Birds. What a win.

The interview with Wallam and Mi Mi was fantastic, ditto the after game footage of them with team mates, coaches, friends, family and supporters.

Yay netty.

And Coxy….one of Giants or T’Birds will get 4 points tomorrow, or both will get 2 points if there’s a draw after extra time. So there will NOT be 6 teams on 20 points on the ladder if Lightning beat Vixens.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by JR.
    Ian Harkin

TB
    Participant

@Ian I totally agree!

I have to be honest, when I saw her named in the starting lineup, I didn’t think she deserved to be there. She has not had much court time this season. I did take this as a “token gesture”. I thought “yep she’ll play for one qtr, and then come off”.
    She had a great game, and she deserved her spot out there.

I found Dans coaching decisions really odd. But they had opportunities to take the win, but Fbirds stood there ground.

Trolly
    Participant

I’m disappointed this game wasn’t one of the Kayo freebies this week. The feature game for indigenous round but not available to view unless subscribed. Unfortunately netball is the only sport on Kayo of any interest to me so can’t justify the subscription. I would also love to read the articles published on Code but again can’t justify a subscription for the one sport that is of interest to me. I feel netball at this level is becoming difficult to follow, locking out some fans. I do understand the need to generate revenue (for the sport and players and the former players and journalists writing for Code) but am feeling a bit alienated by the costs.
    Sorry for the rant. 😬

schmeetle
    Participant

@trolley I too felt I couldn’t justify the additional cost to upgrade from Kayo freebies however the $5/month for three months Mothers Day special I could! The three months will take me up to the end of the season.
    With Code, I’m planning on freeing up a day for A LOT of reading and signing up for their 7 (or 14 or whatever it is) day free trial. Someday when I have nothing much better to do :yes:

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by schmeetle.
    Ian Harkin

Another Sunday SSN double-header coming up.

Vixens:
    GS Kumwenda
    GA Austin
    WA Watson
    C Moloney
    WD Eddy
    GD Weston
    GK Mannix

Lightning:
    GS Koenen
    GA Wood
    WA Scherian
    C M Hinchliffe
    WD Cassidy
    GD Walsh
    GK T Hinchliffe

UMPIRES: Bronwen Adams & Justin Barnes

netballmum
    Participant

Going to be a big crowd at JohnCain- filling up fast

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 12