2022 SSN ROUND 13

2022 SSN ROUND 132022-06-03T01:53:54+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 13

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I don’t mean taking Dwan off. I mean brining McDonald on for the third quarter.

JR
    Participant

Watson looks exhausted, and gets a caution.

Ian Harkin

Georgie Horjus has come on at GA for Tbirds. Just as Vixens were threatening, Wilson comes up with another gain and it’s converted at the other end. Can Tbirds hang on for a memorable victory? They lead 46-43.

Ian Harkin

Wow, Shamera Sterling! A great gain. But no, it’s not converted. This is nerve-racking stuff. Vixens take the lead with 3 1/2 minutes left.

Ian Harkin

Dwan and Horjus both on now for Tbirds, ready to sink super shots if needed. And they may be. Vixens by 1 with 2 minutes left.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

So McDonald on court before Nankivell???
    Obst’s changes felt unusual… I think it’s time for her to go. We should’ve had that game.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Also 8 turnovers from Williams… wouldn’t have minded seeing Nankivell on.

Ian Harkin

The Thunderbirds players are dejected. They put everything into that and pushed the competition leaders to the brink. But in the last quarter, they succumbed to the pressure and scored just 5 goals! It was the Vixens with the experience when it was needed. Vixens 51-47

cookiesnjam
    Participant

Agreed NetballCrazy1, and Dwan for Potgeiter? Dwan is too costly and doesn’t do well under pressure. Get rid of Obst already. Those last quater changes were not needed.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Dwan for Potgieter wasn’t the right choice and it’s been proven TIME AND TIME AGAIN. We need a new coach before we lose all our talent.

JR
    Participant

So commentators talk over the on court event again again…..which T’Birds player reached a milestone…they didn’t even show it, had the cameras on the Vixens players who were watching the announcement.

From the recap after the ad break looks like there were two T’Birds players – Garrett and Potgetiter, the latter in tears like Stirling.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by JR.
    Ian Harkin

Full time: Vixens 51-47

Potgieter 36/40 (90%)
    Dwan 10/12 (83%)
    TOTAL 46/52 (89%)

Kumwenda 33/38 (87%)
    Austin 16/20 (80%)
    TOTAL 49/58 (85%)

Super shots:
    THU 1/2
    GIA 2/6

Assists: Horjus 22
    Gains: Sterling 8

MVP: Kate Moloney (Vixens)

NB12
    Participant

For me, brining McDonald on for the last quarter changed the set up. Why wouldn’t Obst let the team that was doing well, continue. It just makes no sense.

Obst doesn’t let her players work through tough patches. Yes, Potgieter made a couple of crucial errors, but what about taking into the consideration her outstanding play for the 3/4 leading up to that error?

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by NB12.
    JR
    Participant

Sterling, not Stirling, sorry…..

And agree about Potgieter NB12.

PICASSO123
    Participant

Sterling & Wilson must feel very disappointed during this game after the effort they put in. Making too much changes has never worked for the Tbirds. However, I think dropping Tania Obst would be a good move. Her coaching decisions have cost the Tbirds to an extent.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 146 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 13