2022 SSN ROUND 13

2022 SSN ROUND 132022-06-03T01:53:54+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Participant

True, but I don’t think they’ve ever been as spectacular as Sterling/Wilson but yes, it will be interesting to see how their midccourt stands up.

JR
      Participant

Wow…next week…3 teams on 20 points and Magpies on 24.

Giants v Lightning – won’t affect Finals

Fever v T’Birds – T’Birds win – on 24

Swifts v Firebirds – one will be on 24 or a draw after extra time and both will be on 22

Magpies v Vixens – Magpies win – on 28 and clearly 4th…

…..but lose and it depends on results of previous two games and % Firebirds have best % at the moment of the 4 teams vying for the last finals spot.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by JR.
        • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by JR.
        NB12
        Participant

Yeah, not sure there has been a Jamaican backline as good as this one. And Sterling and Wilson aren’t wild with getting the ball out of their third when they win it.

But yes, the weakness has always been the mid-court and the GA (Connie Francis aside!) – and of course the coaching and discipline to stick to the game plan.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by NB12.
          Nate
          Participant

Rob Wright is the attacking coach so look for the GA to have a lot of held balls.

True discipline has been an issue too.

JR
            Participant

Oh if Magpies win they might be 3rd – if they win by a lot and Giants lose by a lot and the %%%% changes a LOT

An interesting quirk with the final round of SSN. The Melbourne Derby is being played on the Queen’s Birthday holiday on Monday. BUT… it’s not a holiday in Qld (or WA). So if they beat Swifts on Sunday, Firebirds’ finals fate will be decided while Qld fans are at work/school.

Between Sterling, Wilson & Ward this round…

22 possession gains
                  13 intercepts
                  21 deflections
                  6 rebounds
                  5 pickups
                  277.5 NNP

birdiebabayy
                  Participant

Shouldn’t Jamaica be good cos they have Fowler? Isn’t that the only reason Fever are good according to a lot of people?

Tough week for my Firebirds but progression nonetheless.

I’ve said before and I’ll say again, no Wallace, no Swifts.

netballgirl
                    Participant

So I’m thinking going forward with the tbirds, how good would it be if Lisa Alexander was made coach next year? She has a wealth of winning experience and will be great with the youngsters, as much as obst has improved the team immensely, I think adding Lisa as head coach would take the team to new levels.

Also, com games is coming up, I’d be interested to see if Mary Cholhok might get the call up to SSN, shes 6ft7 and is doing great in the Uk super league, with a target like her and Stirling and Willson in the back they’ll be unstoppable.

Nate
                      Participant

Isnt Lisa alexander head of London Pulse (not coach) but performance/development or something or other?

VNL to SSN is a huge step up and tbh so tired of watching tall shooters.

PICASSO123
                        Participant

@netballgirl I think Mary Cholhok would be a great pickup for Tbirds but Ellie Cardwell would be an even greater pickup. She can shoot from distance (advantage for 2 pointers), strong hold and can even play GA. I think they should drop Potgieter & McDonald. Dwan on the other hand is a 50/50 for me but I think she has done and can do wonders when on fire. Also noting, Tbirds don’t do great when there’s so many changes so I think dropping only two players wouldnt make a difference to their whole squad.

Tbirds Dream Team for 2022
                          Cardwell
                          Austin
                          Dwan
                          Horjus
                          Williams
                          Nankevill
                          Petty
                          Garrett
                          Wilson
                          Sterling

Nate
                          Participant

Im surprised Cardwell hasnt been pulled in previous years, maybe its a personal choice and is happy to stay in England?

Maybe the pay being a full time netballer in England Rose program pays better than what she could get paid here?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Nate.
                            • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Nate.
                            thunder123
                            Participant

I’m not sure what the deal is with Nankivell. Stand out last year, this year has struggled but still made it into court until she got covid and has since been barely sighted. Considering she is so versatile, seems strange she can’t get into court.
                              Wonder if there’s issues between player/coach?
                              She also only signed a one year deal, so maybe that has something to do with minimal court time? But where could she end up?

netballgirl
                              Participant

I’m Confused as to why she got a one year contract and not 2? The only reason I can justify a one year contract because their weak point is their mid and want to drop either elle, nakivelle or Williams at the end Of the season? Tbh I feel like because of the one year contract she hasn’t been playing as well as she did previously.

I do remember when they were ready to drop pitman she did receive less court time?

Netballcrazy1
                                Participant

I got the sense that Nankivell was the one who wanted the 1 year contract.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top