2022 SSN ROUND 14

2022 SSN ROUND 142022-06-11T09:37:08+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 14

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Yep they threw that game! I hope there’s an investigation on that.

Ian Harkin

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!

Mwai Kumwenda took a super shot right on full time. If it had gone in, Magpies were out! But it missed and they’re in! Can you believe it? Full time: Vixens 56-54

JR
    Participant

Lovely lovely speech by Geva. Two Victorian teams in the Finals.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by JR.
    moooz
    Participant

What was Kumwenda up to? Surely you would give Samason the ball for the penalty shot in super shot range.

TB
    Participant

@Ian did they have to win by 4? I thought it was more than 2?

There was a clear lob pass into Kumwenda, which Watson would give any other day of the week. And she decided not too. Sorry, but that’s a bit suss to me.

JR
    Participant

Yes agree moooz, but lots of mistakes on the part of both teams in the frenzy of that last quarter.

TB
    Participant

@moooz yeah I thought that exact same thing too.

Ian Harkin

Seriously, I don’t think Mwai had any idea, I’m not sure that any of the other Vixens or Magpies players had any idea. But that was the case. The 4th spot on the ladder was decided with the very last shot of the regular season.

D-fencr
    Participant

I think suggesting Vixens threw that is a bit of a long bow to draw. It was a messy last Q with lots of mistakes but pressure can do that to you. I also don’t see why they’d want Magpies in over Swifts? What difference would it make, really?

JR
    Participant

With Magpies on 54, Vixens needed to be on 57 or 58 to knock Magpies out of the Finals. There’s a great chart a few pages back showing what could happen.

Stoj
    Participant

The Vixens have beaten the Swifts, Giants and Fever each time they have met this season. If the were going to ‘throw the game’ then they would have put the Magpies away who had beaten them this season.

JR
    Participant

I tried to work out which 4 games Fever had lost so I could work out which team/s other than Vixens (twice). Then I could work out who I wanted to be in fourth spot. But ofcourse the results of games have been so topsy turvy (eg Lightning beat Vixens) so hard to tell. Reckon Giants are on a roll but not sure their defence can beat Fever if they come up against them in the Prelim Final.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by JR.
    TB
    Participant

Btw I have no interest on who makes the fourth spot (out of all the teams going for it, I was hoping it would be Fbirds). I am a Fever supporter, and then I’d go for Vixens. So a GF between them two works well for me.

So my observations is purely on what I saw! For me, it looked too obvious. Just my opinion.

Stoj
    Participant

I think in the end, it came down to who wanted it more. The Vixens made way too many mistakes- balls through legs, bad passes. These are not characteristic of their usual type of play.

Ian Harkin

Amazing effort from Magpies today, considering who was out. Well done!

And bad luck for Swifts, who have battled so hard considering Sammy Wallace went down in the opening game. Many people wrote them off straight away, but they all but made the finals.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 14