2022 SSN ROUND 2

2022 SSN ROUND 22022-04-01T16:23:32+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 2

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The “woe is us” interview Julie Fitzgerald just gave really wasn’t doing it for me… they might be the first but almost certainly won’t be the last team heavily affected by covid protocols so please just get on with it.

Look across NSW to the Swifts and how they’ve spoken moving forward without Wallace for the whole season and you can’t compare the two attitudes…

Ian Harkin

Tbirds:
    GS Potgieter
    GA Dwan
    WA Horjus
    C Nankivell
    WD Petty
    GD Garrett
    GK Sterling

Giants:
    GS Letherbarrow
    GA Harten
    WA Hay
    C A Sligar
    WD Moore
    GD Brandley
    GK McDonell

UMPIRES: Emma Burgess and Nathan Begley

Montyandpoppy
    Participant

Garbin’s issue is everyone’s perseverance in playing GA. The positives are that it’s improved her fitness and her movement but realistically it’s taken her off the cards for diamonds selection instead of on it! If she were at swifts now I reckon we would be seeing her clearly and comprehensively taking the starting GS bin with both hands and dominating…and then leaving us with a strong Gs option who can also “step into” (read, occasionally play) GA for diamonds…

Ian Harkin

Wow, ball going all over the place here. More turnovers than a bakery. Halfway through the first Q it’s Giants up 6-5.

Ian Harkin

This understrength Giants team is having a real crack. They lead 10-9 after 11mins.

enozlas
    Participant

Horjus proving costly that quarter. 3 turnovers for her alone. She had 9 last week too.
    I love what she brings to the Tbirds but I think as she’s still learning WA at this level the finesse has come off her feeds.

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Giants 15-13

Potgieter 8/10
    Dwan 4/5

Letherbarrow 4/7
    Harten 7/9

A scratchy start, but Giants recovered better to lead at the break. The replacement players for those out, are standing up well so far.

Kateleigh
    Participant

Correct me if I’m wrong. But aren’t the starting 7 for Giants their team? So if they are under strength, then that’s an issue with the initial team selection. They have 7 players from their roster.

enozlas
    Participant

This game is lacking a whole lot of intensity…
    Giants look like they don’t want to be there which again I put down to attitude. They’re right in this game it would be nice if they showed it.

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: 25-25

Dwan 8/11
    Potgieter 15/18

Letherbarrow 8/14
    Harten 11/15

An action-packed first half sees us dead level at the break.

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Tbirds 40-34

Potgieter 24/28
    Horjus 6/7

Letherbarrow 10/18
    Harten 17/24

A real struggle for Giants in that Q only adding 9 to their score. Tbirds now with a handy but certainly not unbeatable lead as we go to the last 15 minutes.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Wow, the kayo cover photo for this match is Sam Gooden…

Ian Harkin

Horjus has had a real impact since going to GA. Tbirds 46-37

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Petty seems to get a penalty on every Giants centre pass.

OH MY GOD, they cannot seriously still be confusing Sterling and Wilson when they display the positional changes on the screen.

Ian Harkin

Tbirds are steamrolling now. Up 51-38. This Q is 11-4 so far and Giants have no answers currently.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 2