2022 SSN ROUND 4

2022 SSN ROUND 42022-04-11T13:19:57+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@ian I guess we’re really starting to see the influence of the supershot on tactics and match outcomes.

enozlas
      Participant

On a positive note… how good is mid-week netty!

JR
        Participant

Netballcrazy…….Horjus would not have missed….Hate stupid shots but they’re part of the SSN game.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by JR.
          D-fencr
          Participant

I have been fairly ambivalent about the super shot until now. But for that to be the (likely/potential) difference between Tbirds making finals or not for the first time since the last iteration of the league… I’ve now formed my position!!

Full time: Swifts 45-44

Potgieter 32/35 (91%)
              Horjus 5/7 (71%)
              Dwan 5/9(56%)
              TOTAL 42/51 (82%)

Housby 27/37 (73%)
              Fawns 9/12 (75%)
              Singleton 4/6 (67%)
              TOTAL 40/55 (73%)

Super shots:
              T’birds 2/3
              Swifts 5/9

Assists: Proud 14
              Gains: Sterling 8

POTM: Maddy Turner

Scott
              Participant

Attended the Pies v Lightning game. It was one of, if not the best, game I have seen the Pies play in person. How good did both Nyah Allen and Jacqui Newton play?

Home in time to see end of third quarter and last quarter of second game. Why would Obst take Wilson off in last quarter?

@Ian
                yes the dreaded Super Shot hurt the Thunderbirds. Tbirds 17 gains to 11, should be able to capitalise on that.

Will McCloy made me laugh calling it a “bludger” of a game.

thunder123
                Participant

Regarding the umpiring, the female umpire has been a premier league umpire in Adelaide for the past 5 or so years. One of the best we have.
                  I think the game was very scrappy overall and the umpiring didn’t help the cause. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread I wish umpires called cautions early in the game to set the tone for the game.

Swifts1
                  Participant

Agreed. Sterling was phenomenal tonight I have no idea how she gets all those balls.

I wouldn’t write the Tbirds off yet I still think they have a great chance of making the finals. I think Fever, Vixens and Firebirds will make the finals comfortably and the Tbirds, Swifts and Giants will fight it out for 4th.

enozlas
                    Participant

Personally I actually think the bonus points made the games more exciting than the super shot… It meant every single quarter regardless of the score line or how many minutes were on the clock teams were going hard.
                      Now it’s 10 minutes of a semi-decent arm wrestle and then 5 minutes of scrappy netball trying to move the ball in to a certain shooting zone which makes the game look amateurish.

Scott
                      Participant

@enozlas I agree I think the bonus point makes games more exciting than the Super Shot.

The one problem with the Bonus Point is that coaches left their best 7 out their for longer and the bench players got less court time. Although, some (one) coaches hardly use their bench even without the Bonus Point.

enozlas
                        Participant

I actually think that’s more of a reflection of there not being rolling subs when there was bonus points.
                          Bringing rolling subs in is what has helped the coaches utilise the depth of their bench because it eliminates the fake “injury” time outs to get changes happening.

Bonus Points + Rolling subs would be a great combination moving forward.

Cb98
                          Participant

@enzolas
                            Agree – the bonus point is way better than the super shot.

Cb98
                            Participant

God the umpiring – I agree with what others have said, it’s been very messy this season so far, and this game the worst by far. Especially regarding the lack of cautions and warnings; ANZ umpiring might seem over the top in comparison sometimes, but I’d much rather that style where the umpires control the physicality than watching players get smashed onto the floor all game

miaomiao22
                              Participant

enozlas i was about to say that the supershot makes the game look so amateurish- especially for SSN which is supposed to be the best in the world. it just looks worse when they try and get it out into the super shot range and turn the ball over

cookiesnjam
                                Participant

Gosh, I haven’t managed to watch the T-birds game yet but I don’t like what I’m hearing… Obst has always been that coach who would persist with players even though they weren’t playing well. I remember last year T-birds had a game against Giants and Nankivell was having a really bad game- lots of offensive contacts and just wasn’t her best. And yet, Obst didn’t sub her off. Dwan really hasn’t impressed this year and I really don’t think she’s the answer at GA. Dwan’s placement of the ball into Potgieter can’t be the same type as the type she used to throw at Aiken’s. Sure, both can definitely pluck the ball from the air but Aiken just has that extra range with Potgieter unfortunately, doesn’t have. I don’t think they have the connections needed to win matches and Horjus really is the better GA option. I would love to see a Horjus and Williams combo at some point in time.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 219 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top