2022 SSN ROUND 4

2022 SSN ROUND 42022-04-11T13:19:57+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 4

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am rather conflicted at the moment. The Vixens are leading, but only because of the Super Shot, which I detest.

Also I am guessing that I am sharing John Cain Arena with a lot more people tonight than I will be tomorrow night.

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Vixens 41-36

Samason 4/4
    Austin 14/17

Fowler 33/36
    Glasgow 2/5

A few Vixens errors allowed Fever to take the lead. Then Rahni Samason was injected into the game. 4 super shots later (3 from Samason) and Vixens are up by 5! Vixens are 7/7 from the SS zone.

JR
    Participant

Hey Scott, seems like gaps in the crowd, but few people wearing masks. I have a seat to home Vixens games and the email sent to from Vixens said John Cain Arena was a masked venue. But seems people like lots aren’t taking notice.

So staying away for now.

Ian Harkin

This game still being played at a cracking pace and a high standard. Vixens up 51-43 as Fever calls a timeout.

Ian Harkin

Vixens miss their first super shot of the game, but get the ball straight back and Kumwenda sinks another one. Vixens 54-45

Scott
    Participant

JR I think mandatory masks may have changed since Vixens email. Or they emailed old information. I don’t think it is mandatory anymore.

Notwithstanding some gaps in the crowds tonight. There will be a significantly smaller crowd tomorrow night than tonight. I am sitting in top tier tonight and tomorrow night this seat will be behind a curtain.

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Vixens 57-49

Kumwenda 22/24
    Austin 21/25

Fowler 41/44
    Glasgow 4/8

Sasha Glasgow with an important super shot right on 3/4 time, but Vixens still take a handy lead into the last Q. 11 turnovers each side. Vixens 42 penalties to 37.

Ian Harkin

Kiera Austin is just playing superbly. Now she picks up an intercept and the lead grows to 12. And now another goal. And it’s 14!

Trolly
    Participant

Well, this is disappointing. Thought I would watch my first game for this season only to find it locked on Kayo. Have sent messages to Kayo and SSN expressing my disappointment. I’m finding it hard to be interested this year without free broadcast on tv and with the continuation of the ridiculous super shot.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Vixens 75-66

Remembering that Fever was on the charge in that 2nd Q, then that super shot barrage from Vixens put them back in front, and it was full steam ahead from that moment on. A great team performance, and at this moment, no doubt the favourites for this year’s title.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Vixens 75-66

Kumwenda 32/36 (89%)
    Austin 29/35 (83%)
    Samason 6/6 (100%)
    TOTAL 67/77 (87%)

Fowler 48/53 (91%)
    Glasgow 9/14 (64%)
    Teague-Neeld 1/1 (100%
    Cosh 1/1 (100%)
    TOTAL 59/69 (86%)

Assists: Watson 25
    Gains: Bruce 6

POTM: Liz Watson (Vixens)

Ian Harkin

Giants:
    GS Harten
    GA Dwyer
    WA Hay
    C Price
    WD Parmenter
    GD Brandley
    GK McDonell

Firebirds:
    GS Wallam
    GA Bueta
    WA Dunkley
    C Ravaillion
    WD Simpson
    GD Bakewell-Doran
    GK Usoro-Brown

JR
    Participant

Thanks Scott, the email was sent yesterday and was different to the email from the weekend’s game which said masks are recommended if you can’t physical distnace.

Scott
    Participant

I am very happy that Vixens won and that the Super Shot did not play a significant role in the result at the end of the day.

Exhibit 333 of how stupid the Super Shot is – Fowler takes rebound under post for what would be an easy shot and instead tries to pass the ball to Glasgow in Super Shot zone and turns ball over.

Ian Harkin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 219 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 4