2022 SSN ROUND 4

2022 SSN ROUND 42022-04-11T13:19:57+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Obst is her own worst enemy……put Horjus in GA…

NB12
      Participant

I quite enjoy Madi’s analysis.

1/2 time: Swifts 23-20

Potgieter 16/18
          Dwan 4/8

Housby 15/22
          Singleton 0/0

Well, that Q was dead level at 10-10. Only 43 goals in the half in total. Not surprisingly, both teams’ defences are going well, Which team is going to lift in attack and go on with this?

Netballcrazy1
          Participant

@enozlas so was I, but I think that’s mostly because they persisted with her at C and even WA at times. WD is much better suited to her style of play.

It’s so tough to have been a Thunderbirds supporter the last 7 or so years. We think we’re on the brink of something special but something always seems to not work, and in recent years that’s always been the attack end. They really should’ve won against Lightning and should win tonight if they play their best.

enozlas
            Participant

We’re getting a bit predictable…
              Start with Dwan in GA and Horjus in WA.. switch it at half time to Horjus GA and McDonald WA…
              Obst seems stubbornly committed to making that work – perhaps blindly hoping it will eventually click for Dwan ?? She hasn’t really earned the start or the court time thus far…

Netballcrazy1
              Participant

I think Horjus should get the start next game and we should see how that goes as an option. I wouldn’t mind even seeing Nankivell at WA, Horjus at GA and Williams at C (if McDoanld isn’t having a great outing)

I wonder why Obst took Wilson off. I think she was doing a good job.

enozlas
                Participant

Maybe Obst has a bad habit of backing herself in to a corner with players..
                  She also overcommitted to Petty being a C/WA until it was BLINDLY obvious it wasn’t the right call……

I’m not saying it’s all the coach but you’re so right, it’s been such a hard few years

Swifts have lifted. T’birds in danger of being blown away if they’re not careful here. Swifts up 27-20 after 3 mins 3rd Q and Tbirds call a timeout.

D-fencr
                    Participant

Half the problem is not even sticking with players when it’s clearly not working. It’s changing things when they clearly are working, usually in defence or midcourt, and upsetting the flow for… reasons?

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

Yeah getting a coach that can see the plain obvious has been a bit of a problem. I just feel like it’s been the same old same old, season after season. Thunderbirds got 2 wins, gave some false hope to fans before you see the same cracks show up. Petty at WA made me want to pull my hair out. And yes, changes being made unnecessarily is so annoying to watch. It probably doesn’t help that not a single player on the Thunderbirds roster has ever won an ANZ/SSN premiership. They don’t know what a winning culture actually looks like.

Wilson should be in right now, Garrett is not as agile and that is what they need right now with this moving circle.

Tully
                        Participant

Why is Wilson off? She was awesome. If they want Garrett on they could try Wilson at WD. Her reach would be dangerous.

McDonald should be WA not C. This quarter is showing they really need Horjus in WA which could explain why they are persisting with Dwan at GA.

Netballcrazy1
                          Participant

McDonald at C HAS NEVER BEEN A GOOD OPTION. Why does Obst persist?
                            Yes Horjus at WA is amazing but when you have no other shooters to turn too in a squad of 10, she has to go to GA if Dwan is off.

I feel like they should try Nankivell or Williams at WA and whichever is not there at C. Even Petty at C would be better than McDonald.
                            Putting Wilson back on was the right move. Just look at the energy she has injected and the pressure she’s putting on the shooters.

enozlas
                            Participant

Defensively Tbirds are owning this game.. but literally everything about our whole attacking play over the whole court makes me want to rip my hair out.

Tully
                              Participant

Wilson showing why she should absolutely never have been taken off.

Netballcrazy1
                                Participant

How did they miss Turner going offside….

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 219 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top