2022 SSN ROUND 6

2022 SSN ROUND 62022-04-22T18:19:59+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 6

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 166 total)
  • Author

Full time: Giants 74-73

Harten 33/36 (92%)
    Dwyer 35/38 (92%)
    TOTAL 68/74 (92%)

Fowler 62/65 (95%)
    Teague-Neeld 6/10 (60%)
    TOTAL 68/75 (91)

Super shots:
    Giants 6/8
    Fever 5/10

Assists: Teague-Neeld 28
    Gains: Bruce 3

POTM: Jo Harten (Giants)

Stoj
    Participant

Giants v Fever- what a game!! Very cool heads from Giants helping them to hold onto the lead in the end. I thought both sides used their benches well.

Ian Harkin

The last 4 Giants v Fever games…

Fever by 1
    Giants by 2
    Giants by 3
    Giants by 1

This match-up seems to deliver each time.

JR
    Participant

So another game where Stoopid Shots affect the result…..in this case, thank goodness.

JR
    Participant

Good grief Pivot…..Swifts lost…talk about Lightning players.

enozlas
    Participant

That was maybe one of the most enjoyable Giants games I’ve ever watched… JLP clean, Harten composed and controlled, defence dogged but clean. It was like watching a different team!

Nate
    Participant

Anyone else hear Ann Sargeant in the first quarter say that Harten hit 48 from 48 last week at 99%….🤭🤔??

thunder123
    Participant

Just watching Collingwood v Firebirds now, Garbin surely can’t be going to Comm Games with this accuracy.

Shooter Tamara
    Participant

Poor Annie🙂same cliche quotes week in week out, got a hot hand, and via the back door😬

al_ex
    Participant

After the Quad Series I would have had Garbin over Koenen (even considering her mini-collapse in the England game), but I think over the last few weeks Cara has pushed back in front. I think she’s also more different than Bueta, she’s a real moving changeup. I’m not sure if Marinkovich would take the chance on Dwyer and Wallam is too raw, so I think Bueta/Wood/Austin/Koenen have to be the front runners at this point.

NB12
    Participant

This is a serious question.. Can people share their thoughts on Dwyer V Austin? What does Austin have that Dwyer doesn’t yet? I’m really curious because Dwyer played very well and has such a reliable shot. Covid aside, I think Dwyer has really grown since being completely outplayed in the final last year.

al_ex
    Participant

Austin is better on defence and a better playmaker. Dwyer shoots better. I think the biggest advantage Austin has though is combinations and international experience. She’s played well with Koenen, Watson, JLP and Moloney. Dwyer has only played with JLP.

NB12
    Participant

Thanks for that, I see it that way too. Austin has a lot of turnovers though and sometimes I can’t see past that.

enozlas
    Participant

I think give Dwyer another year or two and she’ll be there. She’s very much like-for-like with Austin so I think there’s only room for one of them this selection and Austin offers that little bit more right now and has the experience.
    In years to come I can almost see an Austin/Dwyer circle a la McMahon/Medhurst.

thunder123
    Participant

I would love to see Dwyer play with someone other than Harten. Nothing against Dwyer, but Harten plays Dwyer into the game quite a bit

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 6