2022 SSN ROUND 6

2022 SSN ROUND 62022-04-22T18:19:59+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 6

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Austin is definitely the better play maker at this point. Can also change the speed of the attack if required. As mentioned defensively is stronger as well. Always straight into defence and reads the midcourt play so well to sneak intercepts.

Longer term though I agree a Diamonds circle of Austin – Dwyer as a lovely prospect.

I want Beuta, Wood, Austin and Koenen.

TB
    Participant

Does Diamonds need Austin?
    They already have Wood/Bueta who can play that GA position. I understand they are used as a combination, but if there was a change to be made it would be in the GS position.
    Going based on form so far, I’d go with Koenan and Wallam.

NB12
    Participant

Yes, I think they need a second genuine GA option to partner with Bueta at GS.

And I really want to see Wallam in the 12.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by NB12.
    enozlas
    Participant

I think Bueta, Wood, Austin, Wallam is the way to go. Gives you plenty of coverage across all positions.
    I think Koenan offers basically the same coverage as Bueta so no need for her whereas Wallam gives such a change up by providing a target GS.
    Austin can cover for Wood and even free her up for WA if Watson needs to move to C.

Stoj
    Participant

I think Wallam’s great, but I don’t think Comm Games ready. I think shooters should be Wood/Bueta/Austin/Koenan. Those are safe options.

NB12
    Participant

I don’t mind Koenan, but it’s strange how we think she is all of sudden ready for CWG after having a decent outing against Mannix and Lewis (not in the Diamonds squad), and then against a GK playing out of position (Turner) and then had a ‘sick’ Klau moved onto her.

I didn’t watch her against Sterling but Tbirds games are so messy it is hard to tell.

And we can’t say it’s ok because she wouldn’t be getting the start in the big games anyway, because she very well may have to!

enozlas
    Participant

Do I think Wallam is ready to start and play 60 minutes? Undecided. Do I think she is ready to play the off-the-bench impact player? Absolutely.
    Bueta and Wood absolutely dominated together so I would expect come finals they are the starting goalies and changes only made if needed. Koenan just doesn’t provide enough of a point of difference if the moving circle isn’t working.

JR
    Participant

Anyone any ideas why Klau and Turner are being swapped?

Tully
    Participant

They actually used to play this way round for SA at underage nationals.

Montyandpoppy
    Participant

No but do you remember last season Akle used to do this with proud and Hadley? Just randomly swap them? And when asked, she used to give a little knowing smile and a flippant answer. I think she has her reasons and it will link in with that squad versatility we’ve seen her demand in her girls. Can’t hurt their international team selection chances either? :unsure:

JR
    Participant

Thanks.

Ian Harkin
    JR
    Participant

I love the Team of the Week. I am enjoying watching Hinchliffe; she seems so less rough now she’s not playing with Jenner.

4 Diamonds’ Squad members included. Going to keep watching for this for the rest of the season.

Ian Harkin

Just a quick note regarding Vixens v Thunderbirds. If you remember, the score was 53-47 at full time, but not long after that, it was changed to 52-47. But now, it’s been changed back again so the correct score (I hope) is Vixens 53-47 with Mawi Kumwenda shooting 38/42, not 37/41.

capsule
    Participant

It must be uncommon for the Team of the Week to be made up of Aus players only.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 6