2022 SSN ROUND 6

2022 SSN ROUND 62022-04-22T18:19:59+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 6

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Moloney also runs to a spot right behind an opposing player and stands there..

JLP….interesting to read a comment earlier this year that her style of play didn’t work when playing against a men’s team…made me laugh.

I too am curious about why Swifts have swapped Klau and Turner.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by JR.
    Ian Harkin

Good competitive opening here. Just into super shot time and Lightning leads. Kate Walsh blocks Kelly Singleton and Koenen converts. Now again and it’s 14-10

Ian Harkin

And Walsh does it again. Another shot block on Singleton! Lightning 18-14.

capsule
    Participant

It’s a worrying sign for SCL if Steph Wood can’t play full games.

Similar to when Swifts played Turner in GK against Vixens: SCL are taking advantage of those lobs into Koenan. They either need a swap or TOS to come on.

JR
    Participant

I know there’s been some less than positive comments on here about Walsh but I’ve always enjoyed watching her….her energy and those blocks,….wow….loved seeing her laughing with Proud after being completely zoned out.

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Lightning 19-15

Housby 10/12
    Singleton 4/6

Koenen 18/18
    Wood 1/2

Well, what a start from Kate Walsh in defence with those two blocks. In general, Lightning just looking a bit the better at this stage. But it’s early days.

JR
    Participant

So Klau not feeling great but put out at GD?

Back in GK now and already causing Koenen hassles.

And Wood’s stats, besides Goals, shows she’s very busy.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by JR.
    capsule
    Participant

Kate Walsh is always a delight to watch! I’ll admit that I was still a bit sceptical at the start of the season about her ability to run out full games in GD, but I’m glad to be wrong.

I do hope Lightning figure out how to use Dehaney properly because a functional Walsh/Dehaney combination would be too good.

Ian Harkin

This is a good game. Really tightening up in the 2nd Q. Walsh very nearly with another block, but Fawns is able to recover and score. Lightning 26-25

Ian Harkin

Maddie Hinchliffe is SO impressive when you consider that she didn’t even have a spot on the team until just prior to the season beginning!

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Lightning 32-31

Fawns 7/8
    Housby 18/21

Koenen 30/31
    Wood 2/4

Well, this is a ripper of a game. First one side on top, then the other. So many great battles in this one. Lightning just gets their noses in front before the break, but who knows what’s to come.

Ian Harkin

Maddy Proud just a lazy 23 assists at this stage.

Swifts 40-38

Tully
    Participant

What is wrong with Wood? Why is she off?

Thunderbirds will be better with Austin than Potgeiter.

enozlas
    Participant

Only switched in during the 2nd quarter but it’s interesting to see everyone’s comments re Walsh cause unfortunately all I’ve seen is her getting caught her up in dirty tactics and not really impacting the game.
    I’m usually a big fan of hers but not loving how she’s gone about it in this 3rd quarter.

Ian Harkin

Housby with a super shot, then the reply from Batcheldor. Now she sinks another one. Lightning 47-46

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 6