2022 SSN ROUND 6

2022 SSN ROUND 62022-04-22T18:19:59+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 6

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 166 total)
  • Author

Lucy Austin to debut for Tbirds

Ian Harkin

Vixens:
    GS Kumwenda
    GA Austin
    WA Watson
    C Mundy
    WD Eddy
    GD Weston
    GK Mannix

Tbirds:
    GS Austin
    GA Dwan
    WA Horjus
    C McDonald
    WD Petty
    GD Garrett
    GK Sterling

UMPIRES: Tara Warner and Georgina Sulley-Beales

JR
    Participant

I hope Potgeiter is OK.

NB12
    Participant

I hope it’s a successful first outing for Lucy Austin. Another young talent getting a go!

enozlas
    Participant

So happy Lucy Austin got the start. She’s started well so hopefully she settles in. She’s got more range than Potgeiter and it’s already very refreshing watching the GS just turning and shooting.

mcleod
    Participant

What nasty comments were made about lenize.

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: 12-12

Kumwenda 10/13
    Austin 2/3

Austin 8/8
    Dwan 4/7

Dead level here, but in the battle of the Austins, Lucy leads Kiera 8-2. In all seriousness, Lucy actually has the highest NNP on court and has made no errors at all. Great start for her!

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Nasty comments? @mcleod

I am so glad Lucy Austin is having a good start, I really would like to see her get a contract over Potgieter next year.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I wonder why Nankivell didn’t start today. Also, considering the Austin/Horjus history, it could be a good circle to try.

Worth mentioning, Austin, while she has great potential, has soft hands. She can be weak on the take at times, as we just saw, so definitely needs to work on that, can’t afford those mistakes anymore.

Ahh there it is again, needs to be stronger on the take, Weston and Mannix will eat those balls up all day.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Interesting call by the umpire there, I feel like Kumwenda contacted Sterling first. Vixens definitely stepping up the momentum, lead out to 5.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

This Austin/Horjus circle is everything I thought it would be! Obst and the bench had a great reaction to that super shot by Austin.

netballgirl
    Participant

Austin has soft had in the critical moments, they would’ve been level if she could catch those balls.
    I think one more year of TP and she may be ready but as a rookie and not a starting shooter. Potgieter has a wealth of experience to be left off the contract for a rookie. Maybe they can let go of one of the mid court players as Horjus can swing both ways.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Did i miss something or did the Vixens score just go up by 1 when Thunderbirds scored

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

@netballgirl yes that is a better solution, my thinking was that we can’t have both Potgieter and Austin because they don’t play GA. But yes, I would drop maybe McDonald as Horjus can cover WA.

Tully
    Participant

Vixens need to sort out their centre pass. Both Austin and Watson are going out. Ending on top of each other and having no second phase. Need to work out who is going out.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 6