2022 SSN ROUND 7

2022 SSN ROUND 72022-04-29T22:04:31+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 7

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 143 total)
  • Author

Thunderbirds:
    GS Potgieter
    GA Horjus
    WA McDonald
    C Nankivell
    WD Petty
    GD Garrett
    GK Sterling

Fever:
    GS Fowler
    GA Cosh
    WA Teague-Neeld
    C Simmons
    WD Francis-Bayman
    GD Aryang
    GK Bruce

NB12
    Participant

Hats off to Dan for recognising that Cosh has a better shot than ATN, so if they have to both be on court, Cosh is the better choice in the circle.

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Fever 16-13

Potgieter 8/8
    Horjus 5/6

Fowler 11/12
    Cosh 4/4

Well, that was interesting. A real battle back and forth. Sterling is probably on top in that terrific all-Jamaican battle so far, but how long will that last. Teague-Neeld has started well at WA.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Missed the first quarter how is Cosh going at GA? I see Glasgow on the bench so I’m surprised she started there or maybe Glasgow isn’t at full fitness yet.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Two turnovers in a row for Potgieter, out of court then stepping, not good at all. Defence did so much hard work to turn the ball over.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

This Dwan/Horjus circle is not working against this Fever defence.

Ian Harkin

Fever scoring far more freely in the second quarter. Tbirds are not really able to hold them up at all, as they were doing in the first 15 minutes. Fever 26-18

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Oooh that umpire missed a BIG replay on Cosh, like the type where you throw it up and catch it. that was really bad, even the commentators pointed it out.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Thunderbirds are a mess, it looks like 7 players who’ve just walked onto court. No chemistry, no plan, coach’s directions make no sense in regard to the challenges they’re facing, the only reason they’re within 10 is the super shot.

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Fever 34-25

Dwan 5/6
    Horjus 9/10

Fowler 28/29
    Cosh 5/6

Fever asserted their authority on the game in the second Q. After a slow start in the first Q, Fowler shot 17/17 out of Fever’s 18 in the second. Tbirds are breaking down badly in the midcourt at times.

D-fencr
    Participant

Adelaide looking way better with Potgieter and Garrett on this quarter, but not making any inroads on the score line.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I truly don’t understand how Thunderbirds manage to get so many gains but somehow lose it on the way to their attack end. It’s so frustrating, it’s the same problems season after season. Also Feel like half the players have no clue what Obst is saying half the time.

As much as I want to see Lucy Austin get a contract, I think Thunderbirds need to see if there are any really reliable GS who will be available next season. Potgieter is just no longer the option unless they really can’t find anyone else.

Overall, I think this is a really bad look for the league. We talk about Collingwood and how they were over talked and didn’t meet expectations but this club has been struggling since 2014 now. There needs to be some sort of intervention.

D-fencr
    Participant

Not sure I understand why Dwan has come back on? Their attacking structure needs Potgieter in GS, supershot be damned.

D-fencr
    Participant

I agree if they could get someone else maybe that would be a good idea but I actually don’t think Potgieter has done much wrong this game. She’s almost got Bruce’s measure. It’s being lost in the midcourt.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by D-fencr.
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Obst is crazy for putting Dwan back on with Horjus. It so obviously isn’t working, they need height in that circle.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 7