2022 SSN ROUND 8

2022 SSN ROUND 82022-05-06T23:39:46+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 8

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ian, with 3 Stoopid shots for each team, does that mean the difference in the scores would be the same?

Or is the issue Lightning’s strategy of relying on Stoopid shots not working for them….that is their choice …and two Diamonds shooters should know better…..or is it that Sterling and Wilson doing such a great job of spooking them…

Ian Harkin

Yeah, the difference isn’t in the super shots scored. It’s all the attempts missed. Lightning now 3/14!

Wood’s shooting is just not on today, unfortunately. Thunderbirds are going to hold on here.

Ian Harkin

Full time. A good win away from home for Thunderbirds. 51-44. Lightning’s shooting accuracy was just 62% overall and only 27% from super-shot territory.

D-fencr
    Participant

Hard to believe that Lightning is the same Lightning that beat the Vixens a few weeks ago. You never know what version is going to turn up.

enozlas
    Participant

A settled attack line really helped the Tbirds tonight. Horjus brings Potgeiter in to the game so well. Feel for Dwan but she just hasn’t gelled with Potgeiter so I don’t think she’ll see much more court time if the Tbirds want to stay competitive.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Thunderbirds 51-44

Koenen 15/20 (75%)
    Wood 15/30 (50%)
    Batcheldor 10/15 (67%)
    TOTAL 40/65 (62%)

Potgieter 36/37 (97%)
    Horjus 12/15 (80%)
    TOTAL 48/52 (92%)

Super shots
    LIG 4/15
    THU 3/3

Assists: Nankivell 15
    Gains: Sterling 11

POTM: Shamera Sterling

Ian Harkin

Lightning had 13 more attempts at goal. And lost by 7.

Another crazy stat… Thunderbirds gave away 82 penalties (to Lightning’s 45) and 30 general play turnovers (to Lightning’s 21). And still won. We can’t really recall a winning team with numbers like that before.

netballgirl
    Participant

Now the question is, do the thunderbirds need tippah moving forward?

Tully
    Participant

TBirds should keep Tippah. Also promote Austin and drop McDonald. Dwan is a good GA who needs time to work into the structures of the team. Still has plenty to offer the team.

netballgirl
    Participant

I was thinking the same, though if Georgia is GA and Nakerville isn’t doing well as WA, what other options do they have?

thunder123
    Participant

For once I think Tania obst made the right changes and didn’t lose the game with poor choices.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Random note but I really think Thunderbirds (and all SSN teams) should post more game clips. They don’t have to be long but you can see how successful it is for NBL/NBA. Would be good for these clips to be on the netball live app too when you click on the game. Similar to the NBA app where when you click on a match, you can see the relevant clips and they are usually added throughout the game.

enozlas
    Participant

Agreed @thunder123!
    After some very infuriating weeks, I agreed with all of her moves today. A welcome surprise.

I also think Tippah, Horjus and Austin could be the future of the Tbirds attack end if they were able to get decent court time and form some connections. Potgeiter plays a very unorthodox game and is quite 1 dimensional so whilst her and Horjus have grown together over the years I can see how it’s been hard for Dwan to slot in. Austin is a lot more traditional in her style so would be easier to build a connection with.

Waylay
    Participant

Biggest stat from today.. Lara Dunkley vs her WD opponent

Eddy played 22 mins on Lara Dunkley – Dunkley had 17 assists in that time.

Moloney played 38 mins on Lara Dunkley – Dunkley only had 9 assists in that time.

Moloney absolutely took Dunkley out of the game, hence the Vixens second half comeback. Great tactical change up from Di Honey. Credit must also go to Hannah Money who came on beautifully and had great touch on the pass

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Waylay.
    thunder123
    Participant

I was actually thinking when watching the vixens game, I wonder if Simone would have made those coaching moves. Seems like Di Honey didn’t put a foot wrong.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN ROUND 8