2022 SSN Pre Season Matches (Including Team Girls Cup)

2022 SSN Pre Season Matches (Including Team Girls Cup)2022-02-04T05:16:32+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN Pre Season Matches (Including Team Girls Cup)

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sorry really didn’t like the umpiring in that last quarter as ball taken out of Housbys hands and no call and it looks like the same umpire as in the Manu’a incident. Have to say I know it is a hard job but I’m really not a fan.

NB12
    Participant

I haven’t been overly impressed with the umpiring so far in any of the games – but I reminded myself they are in their “pre-season” too and I’m sure they will receive feedback and coaching post tournament.

JR
    Participant

Yes, it’s important to remember it’s preseason and everyone is getting back into it.

The mop is great.

I am watching the size of the crowd and whether people are wearing masks. They are not required inside in most places here in Victoria as of today. Then I’ll decide whether to go tomorrow.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by JR.
    Ian Harkin

Full time: Vixens 32-26.

First game of Round 3 and Giants lead Thunderbirds 9-6 at 1/4 time.

Ian Harkin

Half time and Giants lead 17-15 in a good competitive battle here. Giants still looking for their first win of the tournament. Thunderbirds aiming for their second.

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Giants 30-26

Tbirds came alive thanks to Tippah Dwan, but just as she threatened to close the gap completely, another super shot from Harten put the margin out to 4 as we go into the last quarter.

Ian Harkin

Giants lead 34-32 as we head towards the last power play period. Who’s going to finish the stronger? Jo Harten still sitting on 100%.

Ian Harkin

Full time: T’birds 38-37

Jo Harten with another super shot right at the death, but it’s not enough. Tbirds hang on for an exciting one goal win. Great effort, especially as they got their whole team out on court while Giants stuck mainly to their starting 7.

Ian Harkin

Giants finish with no wins and will play in the 7th/8th place playoff. But they would have got some positives out of today’s game. Harten and Price were terrific, unlucky to be on the losing side. For Tbirds, Nankivell and Sterling were their best.

Ian Harkin

Fever playing Magpies now to decide top spot in the group. Fever leading 9-8 after 8 mins first quarter. They would be favoured to take out this one and head into tomorrow’s final.

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Fever 14-9

Geva Mentor took a bit of a tumble as the first quarter ended. She hobbled off, but it didn’t look too serious.

Glasgow and Fowler on a combined 12/12 so far.

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Fever 25-17

Fever in control so far. Fowler and Bruce dominating as per usual. Sasha Glasgow also having a ripper of a match at goal attack. By contrast, Sophie Garbin has been disappointing so far with 5 turnovers in the first half.

JR
    Participant

I am finding the high camera angle difficult to watch.

NB12
    Participant

The camera angles are terrible. Cath Cox is talking them up, but the overhead is too high and the netcam is especially frustrating.

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Fever 34-30

Magpies levelled up in that Q and threatened to take the lead, but Teague-Neeld answered with two super shots and the lead is out to four again. Who takes it from here?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN Pre Season Matches (Including Team Girls Cup)