2022 SSN Pre Season Matches (Including Team Girls Cup)

2022 SSN Pre Season Matches (Including Team Girls Cup)2022-02-04T05:16:32+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I would say the Vixens have the most depth this year. The question is whether they can adjust to changes (especially if Liz Watson has to miss any games), and whether Simone will put her faith in form or experience. I thought Hannah Mundy, Olivia Lewis, and Sharni Lambden all played well in preseason, and they still have Kiera to come back as a GA/WA option.

The Giants have the most training partners, but a few weak areas. The Firebirds have some promising talent in their wider squad, but one of the weaker starting lineups. Thunderbirds have a good squad this year, but only three TPs (I think). Swifts struggled in preseason with missing players, and Lightning are already having to cover a lot of gaps even without Covid. Not sure about Magpies or Fever.

Tully
      Participant

Nice super shot from Barkmeyer. Missed one seconds earlier then backed up to go again. Nice to see her go to the post with confidence.

A good Bueta lead comeback from FBs.

JR
        Participant

13-6 to vixens in the first quarter, then 10 all in the second.

Tully
          Participant

Bakewell Doran and Jenner is a better defensive combination.

Tully
            Participant

Bueta’s super shots has FBs back in this.

Vixens attack nowhere near as fluid with the change to C. Eddy’s attack needs a lot of work.

Tully
              Participant

Another poor pass from Eddy :wacko:

FBs with all the momentum now and should run it out.

The decals look very slippery.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Tully.

3/4 time: Vixens 31-28

A good little comeback from Firebirds in that qtr reduces the margin to 3. Hulita Veve has made an impression since coming on.

It was Vixens with the errors in that period of play. Who’s going to finish stronger in the final 10mins?

Tully
                  Participant

Great job by Vixens to change momentum and close it out. Lewis has been a good pickup for them.

Would like to see Moloney play in WD.

Probably the best game I have seen Barkmeyer play. Shooting super shots with confidence. Rahni for Diamonds :heart:

I haven’t seen a lot of Wallam but FBs will be hoping for a lot from her or they are in for a long season. I also suspect Jenner may be playing a lot of GK this year.

Full time: Vixens 45-37

Firebirds actually hit the front for a period early in that final quarter, but Vixens were just too good and too steady. With no Mwai Kumwenda out there today, the combo of Ruby Barkmeyer and Rahni Samason both played strongly.

Abymum
                      Participant

I know I am getting old but the names on the dresses of Vixens is so small it is hard to read but luckily they played the usual suspects so I didn’t have to look too hard.

JR
                        Participant

Info about changes, especially for those who are TPS or who have changed clubs would be useful.

1/2 time: T’birds 23-13

Magpies really struggling to get anything going in this game. 7 goals in the first qtr and 6 in the second. It’s just not working. In contrast, this is a good controlled performance from T’birds. And their defence is having a great time!

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

Really loving base all the middies getting a run and proving themselves. Happy that Petty isn’t on court just for the sake of it.

netballfan91
                              Participant

I thought the commentators were reverting to Verity’s old surname, but nope, no longer a Charles. ?

Full time: Thunderbirds 45-30

T’birds stamped their authority on the game once again to win by 15, although the last qtr was won by Magpies.

The new attacking combo for Tbirds is exciting. They have several different possibilities now with the arrival of Dwan.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 273 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top