2022 SSN Pre Season Matches (Including Team Girls Cup)

2022 SSN Pre Season Matches (Including Team Girls Cup)2022-02-04T05:16:32+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN Pre Season Matches (Including Team Girls Cup)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As a Tbirds supporter yesterday had me excited, I understand magpies aren’t the strongest competition but it looked as though some foundations had been laid and looked promising. Unfortunately today they’ve completely fallen apart under pressure from a better team. Having nightmares of seasons past already.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Ahhhh Thunderbirds attack has been the problem for a few years now. Hopefully they can get it together this season.

@enzolas I think we’re having the same nightmares

enozlas
    Participant

The attack just looks so disjointed as it always has… it’s hard to watch.
    I do think the way forward will be persevering with Dwan at GA and Horjus at WA but Dwan had a shocker today unfortunately.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Fever 40-28

A convincing win in the end. Fever running away with it after Fowler was introduced at 1/2 time. That coincided with Potgieter being replaced for Tbirds who managed to score just 12 goals in the second half. Tippah Dwan struggled today.

Ian Harkin

This is a much better start from Collingwood today. Up 9-6 against Giants with 2mins left first Q.

Ian Harkin

A fast paced competitive first quarter ends 10-10. Magpies with 10/10 including Nelson 9/9 while Giants have 9/12. As is usually the case, they’ve gone for super shots to end the quarter. Price and Browne impressive for their respective teams.

Tully
    Participant

Fever should really win this weekend. I don’t think it’s too bad for Adelaide. They have a lot of defensive firepower but I agree with the comments about the attacks not sure they quite have enough in the midcourt and shooting circle to push top 4 this year but they will have a stronger year IMO. Williams is critical for them, they really missed her in the second half.

Abymum
    Participant

Love watching Moore match up against Garbin. All that training together and now playing each other and neither at Swifts.

Tully
    Participant

Not sure what to make of either Giants or Collingwood. Neither are really exciting me. Giants definitely don’t look as good as they did at this stage last year. Giants do have players to come in though whereas Collingwood look full strength??

Tully
    Participant

@ JR from what I hear Austin will be available from around round 3. Is back on court doing contested work and has been for a few weeks. Just needs build up of volume. Austin is on a two year contract so Vixens have zero interest in rushing things. MJ is in isolation due to close contact rules so they’d expect to have MJ and Rahni for the first couple of games.

JR
    Participant

Thanks Tully. Can Ruby play the first couple of games before Kiera returns?

Tully
    Participant

Yes Barkmeyer has been signed as a temporary replacement player for Austin till she is available. They are still hoping for round 1 and that would definitely help austin’s Comm Games ambitions but Vixens are happy to go slow and come home strong.

Tully
    Participant

Giants could be in a spot of trouble if Dwyer and Hay don’t replicate their 2021 form.

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Magpies 35-25

Another strong quarter for the Magpies as they extend the lead to 10. Must be said though that they’ve stuck with their starting 7 for most of the game while Giants have used all 12 on the list for today. Lots of training partners out there.

Tully
    Participant

Wallam is starting for Firebirds.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2022 SSN Pre Season Matches (Including Team Girls Cup)