2023 ANZP ROUND 10

2023 ANZP ROUND 102023-05-06T01:57:22+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@Minkie, she didn’t play badly 🙂 Commentators mentioned that her form has dropped off re shooting percentages in the previous two games. First half of this game she did give away a few (I don’t know how many as I don’t count) balls as she seemed to being pinged by the umpire quite a bit (rightly or wrongly again I’m not going to comment) but Pulse D had Ekenasio well held out of the D circle quite a lot. Pulse had done their homework. I don’t think she played badly, just not as well as the start of the season. I hoped Magic would do it today but sadly it wasn’t to be – might have if Mikaere had shown a bit more discipline right at the end.

Netballfan1
      Participant

I wonder if Malesala could be a dark horse for the ferns?

I really like Heffernan, Gordon and MRB as centre options

Kat
        Participant

I have always like Malesala, I think she has in the past been underrated, perhaps fitness has been an issue? I am pleased she has found her groove this year. I also think she has a chance of a silver ferns cap. Either now or especially after world cup.

Kat
          Participant

How disappointing have the tactix been. I admit I have not been watching the games, and glad I haven’t. I personally think the coach should go, I have never been a fan of Marianne Delaney-Hoshek. However the issue is to find another one. Every year there is some problem with one area of the court. It sounds like it is the midcourt this year. Feel for Jane and Karin, hope neither of them leaves.

mcleod
            Participant

Ekenasio didn’t have a good 1st half at all. And as for the Tactix I shake my head yet again

Maryann
              Participant

Tactix were building quite nicely until both Sinclair (WD) and Watson were injured. It has taken a while for both TPSR and Dunn to find their grove which imo is because they are both of similar temperament (relaxed often to the point of horizontal) and you only have to look at Loffhagens face at times to know how she feels about the passing in and out instead of going to the hoop. I always felt Sinclair’s influence at WD this season was underrated and losing her has been a big one for a team with so much midcourt change (new centre, new WD and Poi to WA). The work she was doing midcourt really allowed Burger and Watson to concentrate on their own jobs. I like Poi in WA, I feel that her lines are better, she drives harder and doesn’t float off like she used to. Not a fan of Malcolm, developing another player would have been no harder.

@Kat
                – if you can you should watch a game. Just remember that the end of each quarter results are not always reflective of high tight the other 14mins and 58 seconds of pay have been.

mcleod
                Participant

Yes since Tactix lost Sinclair they have struggled, but they are not out it yet.
                  Stars have to play a getting better Steel in Invercargill and finish with the Mystics
                  Tactix have the Magic, Pulse, Mystics. Who knows it’s not over yet.

Baller
                  Participant

That last footwork call was a tough one.

Here we go. Steel up 37-36 against Magic going into the last Q. Could this be the day?

Sadly, it doesn’t look like it.

Nate
                        Participant

Magic stepped it up in that last quarter.
                          Takarangi, Kersten and Mes were crucial then Mikaere with the block and Ekenasio with the long bomb at the end were the icing on the cake.

Kate Heffernan was a stand out for the steel once again.

It looks like Mes has changed her shooting style a little bit this year less leg bend and more wrist and hand flick, it’s much more fluid and confident, it’s a sweet shot and technique.

Baller
                          Participant

No bonus point either. Heffernan had a great game at C.

Netballfan1
                            Participant

Who was POTM?

minkie
                              Participant

Meels :yahoo:

blondebomb
                                Participant

So both GS and GA for Magic had identical goals and shots, how often do we see that??

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top