2023 ANZP ROUND 11

2023 ANZP ROUND 112023-05-13T02:17:31+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@WeWood – married in December, a few days before Xmas.

1/4 Pulse 19, Mystics 9
      Attack needs to get themselves sorted, soft passes. Earle is doing nothing in defence. While Te Ao is still young as a Centre I’d put her on instead of Earle as she is much better in defence as well.

Pulse right on top! I tipped them in this one because I just think they’re the form team in the comp right now.

WeWood
        Participant

Ioane is having a cracker on Toeava.

More like it from Mystics in the second Q. Gap now just 4 goals.

Baller
            Participant

Both WDs MSB and Ioane having a great games.

1/2 time: Pulse 33-27

Pulse has skipped away again, up 49-41 at 3/4 time.

WeWood
                  Participant

Pulse win 62-56.

Netballfan1
                    Participant

Great win from the Pulse!
                      The MC at the stadium is doing my head in :wacko:

museboy
                      Participant

With the teams all so even this season, I think it’s a ruthlessness/desire to win will set apart the finalists from the non-finalists. I think the Pulse, Mystics and Stars have this in spades – I have not seen much of this from the Magic or Tactix.

steelsupporter84
                        Participant

Does anyone know what’s wrong with Monica Falkner, I feel like the mystics are really missing her in attack and she’s been unavailable for 4 weeks now. Hope she’s Ok.

Maryann
                          Participant

@Steelsupporter84 – Northern Mystics say she is still unwell. Yes 4 weeks (5 games).

Kwkiwi
                            Participant

Great win by the Pulse. Well done girls. What a well oiled team.
                              I think if Pulse gets to the final it could go either way depending on Walmsley being able to shoot under pressure and stand up to physical marking. Surely Metuarau must be in the mix for the Ferns.

Agree that Toeava should be there at WA. Don’t think Poi will be there with the competition in the mid court.

WeWood
                              Participant

One of Metuarau’s strengths is her ability to pair and work with/for her shooting partner – Tuivaiti, Dunn, Fisher and now Walmsley.

Could hear her say to Walmsley on the shot, “there’s nothing there” as if to say keep going with the follow-through. I think Walmsley has been lucky not to get more held ball calls when she does the 2-3 baulks.

An awesome young talent, I do think Walmsley needs help with her shooting action to make it ‘higher’ and more fluid. Stythe was a real pain to Walmsley and she’s perhaps lucky not to play against her teammate Jury!

Baller
                                Participant

Metuarau also took some good pressure off Walmsley when needed and shot 100%.

Overall, how good are the shooting stats for all teams. I’d put it down to fitness standards and WC expectations. One of my favourite things about the WC19 was seeing the amazing conditioning of our SF.

Watson please rest your foot and come right for the WC team.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top