2023 ANZP ROUND 6

2023 ANZP ROUND 62023-04-08T02:28:25+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Mes almost outscored the Stars. I much prefer Mes to Wilson, she can play 3 positions. While Wilson has been tried at GA, I don’t think it’s been particularly successful. But I haven’t got the stats in front of me re her playing there in ANZP or with the Ferns. I know there’s talk that Mes has not proved herself at International level but gosh, with Meels she’s having a great year so far.

Time to post this again by the looks of it…

Bailey Mes excelling again on the netball court after challenging times

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/netball/131706977/bailey-mes-excelling-again-on-the-netball-court-after-challenging-times

minkie
        Participant

No JR, I wasn’t watching, I get too wound up lol, swearing/yahooing scares even the cats away here lol. Plus I’m working a nightshift tonight, I’ll watch game then, and wake everyone up lol. So very happy for Bayes :yahoo:

minkie
          Participant

Lol Ian
            Even thou Bredan Egan has always been Bailey’s worst media critic.
            When I read article, I thought wow you nailed it. He managed to successfully describe the highs lows and brutal honesty that sums up Bailey.

blondebomb
            Participant

Who was MVP? Bailey surely.

TB
              Participant

Mes also had a good partnership with Nweke (her Mystics days). If she keeps this form up she could make the WC team.

Baller
                Participant

Wills must be scratching her head right about now. Two thumpings in a row. Temu’s injury didn’t help but arguably the attacking end are experienced SF squad players.

I bet DNT is loving the scrap between the teams to secure a semi final spot.

Kerryn
                  Participant

hopefully MJ’s experiment with Edgecombe at WA is over, she is really hitting her straps at C, I would say after last nights performance (and their other games this weekend) she has very much leap frogged MRB (my opinion only, but she has been well outplayed by both Edgecombe & Gordon) and seems to have such a good attitude, give her another couple of years and she may well be knocking on the door of the SF’s

mcleod
                    Participant

Such a interesting ANZ this year, minus the Steel. I feel the Stars will end up like they did in 2021, start the comp well then fade badly. If Temu is out for a couple weeks that will make it even harder.
                      Be very interesting to see how the Magic go this coming round, Mes and Ekenasio really struggled against Burger and Watson last time v the Tactix.

Netballfan1
                      Participant

I don’t personally see winders in the mix for SF at this point either

Kerryn
                        Participant

@Netballfan1 I think she has a better chance now she’s back playing WD/C but would still take Heffernan over her as a direct comparison

WeWood
                          Participant

IMO none of the incumbent Ferns midcourters are really nailing it – Crampton, Heffernan, Souness, Toeava, Kersten – although in saying that Kersten had her best performance of the season last night, albeit at WD.

The form midcourter for me is Poi.

I just can’t see Taurua dropping Crampton. She loves her experience, even if that was coming off the bench.

museboy
                            Participant

There is so much depth in GS at the moment – Dunn shoots 40/40 and is probably not on the radar. Wilson is also playing well – I think just let down by the midcourters and defense not giving her enough shots at goal in the last two games.

Right now, my four shooters for the WC would be Nweke, Mes, Ekenasio and Metuarau. Nweke and Mes provide very different targets, Ekenasio plays well with both while Metuarau is the most play-making out of the rest.

Netballfan1
                              Participant

Oh I personally don’t think Metuarau is in the mix! Her fitness seems low and she’s been going missing some games

WeWood
                                Participant

Although is ‘fitness’ determined by weekly beep test results versus game performance.. (?)

When (not if – because I think she is very talented and will get there eventually) Metuarau is able to play 60 minutes consistently she will stroll into the Ferns shooting foursome.

@museboy
                                  re your point, when was the last time the Ferns had four 85%-plus GS to pick from? (Dunn, Mes, Nweke and Wilson, with Walmsley waiting in the wings) I don’t think we realize how lucky we are!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 121 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top