2023 ANZP ROUND 8

2023 ANZP ROUND 82023-04-22T00:33:50+10:00
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Participant

2 lots of 3 minutes in extra time – still level.

Malesala is so fab to watch….goal to make it to the extra time, goal to continue the extra time and then an intercept AND the winning goal.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by JR.

Grace Nweke scored 70 goals. And was on the losing team.

It just went on and on, each team scoring, until there was a Mystics fumble in the centre third, Stars pounced and they capitalised on the turnover to take out the game.

museboy
        Participant

Karaka in tears in the post-match interview.

mcleod
          Participant

Unreal game, stunning shooting from Malasla.

Baller
            Participant

Just like that the table is super tight. Especially the top 4 teams.

DNT would have been fizzing with the EET.

Netballfan1
              Participant

Fantastic game! The mystics bench did a great job of filling the gaps and showing awesome depth. It was a shame that Vui was having an off night and so much pressure was on Grace. I am so excited by the prospect of Stythe in years to come

Kwkiwi
                  Participant

Very impressed with Malesala’s shooting. Showed she could shoot well at crunch times.
                    Would be great if Taurua took a risk and included her as one of the Fern’s shooters. She has a connection with Wilson already. Would give a different option for the Ferns if she and Ekenasio were on and could do their long bombs. Malesala would do well in the SSN with that long shot.

mcleod
                    Participant

Maybe the WC in 4 years, fast 5 more likely this year.

WeWood
                      Participant

I recall an article a few weeks ago where Wills said Malesala had been given feedback after last season, especially about her decision making when fatigued.

Appears she’s done the conditioning work since. Wilson also said in her interview the period after full time was good for Malesala to take a breath before going again.

Even if Ekenasio, TPSR and Mes are to step away from the Ferns post NWC, we’ve certainly got a lot of talent who can take the GA bib if they so choose – Metuarau, Heffernan and Malesala.

Netballfan1
                        Participant

I was surprised to see that Burger celebrated her 30th recently, and surprised too that her and storm purvis are the same age! It’s really nice to see people having longer sporting careers on the whole, but I’m sure there will be some post WC retirements

WeWood
                          Participant

I read another article recently that said in 2014 when Phoenix Karaka was making her Ferns debut, Karin Burger was playing club netball in the Hutt Valley.

I think we can expect Burger to hang around for another cycle. She hasn’t been in the high performance environment as long as many her age and is pretty fresh.

Also, I don’t think we’ve seen her hit her best yet. Scary/amazing to think..

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Go to Top