2023 SSN ROUND 1

2023 SSN ROUND 12023-03-17T09:56:17+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 117 total)
  • Author

Mannix back on now. Fever leads by 3 with 9 minutes left.

StatsNerd21
      Participant

Simmons has not had a happy game- not sure what stats say but she’s been very erratic and is letting emotions take over, and her passing is wild. Usually I’m quite a fan but today just wasn’t today, Fever looked more free with Anstiss in C. Bruce and Eddy have been costly with penalties.

Four minutes left and we’re dead level. Who expected this?

JR
          Participant

Eddy has 7 …..Aryang and Moloney have more at 10 and Mannix at 12.

Bruce 19…..

JR
            Participant

Well done Vixens………not even nearly a loss of 14.

And without Jo…….looking forward to 2023 even though it’s pretty stressful to watch.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by JR.
              StatsNerd21
              Participant

Oh sorry JR, I was just going off my feeling, didn’t realise Aryang had so many!

WeWood
                Participant

Much more engrossing than ANZP Magic/Steel blowouts. Enjoyable game.

Full time. What a game! Fever wins 62-61!

That was such high quality netball. Fever just getting over the line. Vixens had less turnovers, but they could only come up with 5 possession gains.

Stoj
                    Participant

Fever/Vixens game was so exciting… and it’s only round 1! I thought Liv Lewis should have been MVP – she really changed the Vixens defensive end and that really put them back in the game.

JR
                      Participant

No probs StatsNerd……

Tully
                        Participant

Impressive from Vixens. Under strength in Perth against full strength Fever.

Proved me (and the Fever fan commentators) very wrong.

Looks exciting for Vixens once they get the injured players back.

Why didn’t Lewis start? Eddy is so underrated. Has had a quiet couple of years for me but is looking more like the 2020 Eddy which is exciting. One of the best GD games I have seen Mannix play. At full strength they have so many defensive options now to meet certain match ups. Hopefully Weston is back next week.

What are the head knock rules? Surely it’s not umpire discretion? Then who clears the pLayer to return? Why was Mannix taken off by the umpire but not Simmons? Sure Mannix went down but Simmons also took hard contact to the head and had a recent concussion.

Bruce, please stop the eye rolls and head shakes. Glasgow, please shoot. You won’t make Diamonds playing like this and you should be in contention (albeit I’d look at her to play GS). Remain confused about the Jenner recruitment. Said in pre season she looks to be surplus to requirements and they were again much stronger with Aryang.

A brilliant game. Pleasantly a nice step up from the first game. Swifts will obviously improve immeasurably when Wallace returns but I was more concerned by their defense. I am a fan of a tagging GD and Turner is just that. She played well at WD but they would be stronger with her at GD but they don’t seem to have another WD option in order to leave Turner in the circle?

Garbin, very impressive. Is going consistently to a new level. If Weston is fit that would be a great test for her. March ups will be key for both teams.

Tully
                          Participant

Congratulations to Coffey for her Vixens debut.

JR
                            Participant

To whoever is on screen saying Watson is rock solid…. 5 GPTs was the most on court. Is she under too much pressure to be the best we’ve seen in the past.

Tully
                              Participant

I thought it was a poor game by Watson. I didn’t think she was at her best at THC either. Moloney outshone Watson tonight. I know Austin had a few turnovers as well but I thought she was outstanding. Is the play maker in their forward line and does so much work.

Watson only scored 67 Fantasy Netball points. She averaged twice that last year.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 117 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top