2023 SSN ROUND 2

2023 SSN ROUND 22023-03-23T21:47:04+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 137 total)
  • Author

Ruby Bakewell-Doran is having an absolute stormer of a game! Thanks largely to her 7 gains, Firebirds have reduced the gap to 11.

Full time: Lightning 65-55

That was strange. Lightning completely dominated the first half. Then Firebirds came out like a new side in the 2nd half. In fairness, they sort of were. Those half time changes seemed to work. POTM is Steph Wood who was tremendous.

Maryann
        Participant

The Thunderbirds/Swifts game tonight has been delayed an hour due to further work needed on the court surface.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Maryann.

The Thunderbirds v Swifts game, originally scheduled for 6:30 local time (7pm AEDT), has been delayed by an hour due to the problem with the court surface. It will now start at 7:30 Adelaide time (8pm AEDT).

D-fencr
            Participant

Are the decals in SA different than those on other courts somehow? Different materials, printed by a different supplier? I am curious as to how this can happen.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by D-fencr.
              Maryann
              Participant

I’ve read that there is no super shot ring now, just a white line. Maybe the decals were faulty and wouldn’t stay down.

D-fencr
                Participant

They removed all of the decals, including the standard SSN ones that all courts have. All that remains is the pink circle (I assume that’s paint as it’s always there, even for state league) and a small decal line to mark the superset line that they had to put down. Very odd.

1/4 time: Swifts 16-12

After Swifts got out to a 15-8 lead, two late super shots from Cardwell helps to keep Thunderbirds in touch. Swifts has looked the better side so far, winning the battle of the midcourt to this point.

Tully
                      Participant

What does Dwan need to do to get on? She was exceptional last week but here she is on the pine as the TBirds attack is woeful. They really do lack a second WA option, is that their weakness? But then bringing Dwan in to help out with work rate through court would help her. Remain very unconvinced about Cardwell as a GA.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Tully.
                        D-fencr
                        Participant

Tbirds really need to make the change in the goal circle and bring on Dwan.

Halfway through the 2nd Q and the margin is still 4, with Swifts up 21-17.

D-fencr
                            Participant

I don’t think Cardwell is quite a GA in SSN. I’ll admit I don’t watch the UK superleague so I don’t know how she went playing GA there, but she plays so much better in GS where she doesn’t have to take on that feeding load.

Tully, it’s like they have a team they WANT to play and that’s what they put out to start the game, but then they have to make changes and end up with this line up now.

D-fencr
                                Participant

I think they think/know Lucy Austin is their longer term GS option and want to get her out there. Which is fair enough in a way, but I don’t know if that’s the way to do it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 137 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top