2023 SSN ROUND 3

2023 SSN ROUND 32023-03-30T22:14:58+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Nobody is confident to feed to Bell- yes Sterling is in good position but there are times Bell has been free and the balls have been terrible. This is not the margin I expected!

D-fencr
      Participant

Wow, this is not at all what I expected.

Dwan and Cardwell combine so nicely, they have totally complementary playing styles. Tippah going on the drive is a beautiful thing to watch.

Tbirds bring up goal number 60 while Lightning is still looking for number 40.

Full time: Tbirds 66-42

That was a dominant display from Thunderbirds, surely confirming their status as one of the competition favourites. Not a poor player in the lineup, but the POTM goes to Eleanor Cardwell who finished with 51/54 (4/6 super shots)

Don’t think many people would have expected that score line. Lightning was in front nearing the end of the first Q, then Tbirds just took over, and it was one-way traffic from there on. Tbirds had twice as many gains, and Lightning had 50% more turnovers!

sarahk90
              Participant

I think it was most unexpected because Lightning had two big wins to start but they did play a undermanned Giants and a shaky Firebirds. It will be very interesting to see how they go against the likes of Fever and Vixens

D-fencr
                Participant

Also how good is Tayla Williams? Not sure if I’m going a bit early with this claim, but she future Diamond written all over her. Obviously solid defensively but she had some nice feeds tonight too.

Yeah, big fan here.

netballgirl
                    Participant

If Garrett, Williams and Dawn, keep on playing like this, I can see them being included in the diamonds extended squad.

Lightening, fell flat, didn’t have a response to the tbirds excellent defence.

enozlas
                      Participant

I’ve not seen Tbirds attack this composed and patient in years.
                        The defence was and always has been amazing, the difference in this game and this season it looks is that we can finally convert enough to make it count.

Take a bow Garrett and Williams, both were phenomenal tonight.
                        And after about the 10 minute mark of the first quarter Cardwell completely nullified Dehaney.

I called it in pre season that Dwan looks to finally have found the form we all knew she was capable of.

In saying all of this, lightning were abnormally messy in attack this game. Although I think they’ve always struggled against tbirds tonight was on another level and nothing like they’ve put out in the first few rounds. Tbirds made them pay almost every time.

Very surprising result.

sami j
                        Participant

The tbirds were the epitome of everyone doing their job and doing it well, Garrett and Williams were the standouts for me.
                          As for the lightning I don’t know why they’ve gone for Eagland I always felt she was too penalized and doesn’t really offer much which this game proved. Surely one of their training partners could offer the same

NB12
                          Participant

I think Reynolds made changes too early. It probably wouldn’t have changed the outcome, but it may have been a bit closer. As soon as the mid court for lightning changed, Horjus was basically a free player for the Tbirds.

SM will be looking very closely at how the Diamonds shooter play against the likes of Stirling and Wilson. Glasgow did a great job on Stirling during TGC, but that was preseason.

TB
                              Participant

Goodness me, you’d think they could time those pre-game interviews (mic’d up) better. Always feel like it’s such an inconvenience to answer questions when running around the court ?

TB
                                Participant

At least they got Anstiss when they were resting. I’d feel stitched up if I was Kelsey Browne ??

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top