2023 SSN ROUND 6

2023 SSN ROUND 62023-04-22T00:42:32+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 125 total)
  • Author

ELEANOR CARDWELL!!!

Thunderbirds win 64-63!!!

That last play… Cardwell could have easily drawn the game and sent it to extra time, but instead she passed out looking for a super shot and the win. And she sank it!!!

Fever and their fans certainly won’t like it, but this was great for the competition.

D-fencr
      Participant

Oh my god, they did it! Nerves of steel by Cardwell!!

StatsNerd21
        Participant

Cardwell was crazy good today, kept her cool in a pressure moment more than I’ve seen her do before (eg Comm Games). As a Fever fan, I’m honestly not sure they’re as good as everybody thinks they are. I don’t even know what the problem is, but they should be winning by more and lazy passing was one of their biggest enemies today.

D-fencr
          Participant

I think the stats and wins show the Fever ARE as good as everyone says. It’s just there’s other teams that are nearly as good, or are equally as good, just they are not as experienced or well drilled or don’t play as consistently. It would be unfortunate for health of the competition if they would blow everyone out of the water all the time.

sarahk90
            Participant

I could watch that winning shot replay all damn night wow

D-fencr
              Participant

Tanya’s coaching decisions this year are much improved. Last year it would have been bibs in the air at half time. This year the changes she makes are very considered. The fresh legs of Petty made a massive difference, and Austin on in the last few minutes gave Cardwell the confidence to take the 2 pointers.

JR
                  Participant

sarah90, they replayed it a lot of times on Pivot.

sarahk90
                    Participant

JR I know and I loved it every time

The margins in the last five Super Netball games played have been… 2, 1, 1, 4, 1.

If Tuesday’s game is decided by another margin of 1, this round will equal the closest SSN round ever. That’s not too much to ask for, is it?

nanator
                        Participant

What a thriller of a game – regardless of the result, the pressure cooker moment gave the young TBirds players so much confidence and experience. Expect to see Garrett, Dwan and Horjus called for Diamonds next cycle

enozlas
                          Participant

As a Tbirds supporter aside from how good the finish was, the whole game the team kept in it and never really let the score blow out. The mental strength of the team seems to be in such a good space right now.

We even won with an attack line that I thought struggled to find Cardwell for a lot of the game, Bruce/Aryang footwork made it so hard for feeders to find the backspace for Cardwell which she’s really dominated the first few games with and yet we still found a way to post and to keep in it.

Will be such a confidence builder for the team so impressed with that.

JR
                            Participant

enozlas, I thought the T’Birds weren’t patient enough on at least 4 occassions – 3 in the third quarter.

They just biffed in long feeds rather than taking the extra pass to get closer to the circle. The last one was Dwan in the fourth quarter. I actually rewound the game to see who did that one.

The coaches told them in the 3/4 break to take the extra pass so I wasn’t imagining it.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 125 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top