2023 SSN ROUND 7

2023 SSN ROUND 72023-04-28T20:49:18+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’d be takingAustin off. Watson is doing fine. Austin has been missed and frustration has the better of her. She wants ball speed but it isn’t happening.

Tully
      Participant

Vixens have been poor all year in scrapping. Often they will have 2or 3 players there and the only player from the opposition there wins the ball.

As much as ultimately it’s up to the players on court I feel like the Vixens need some new ideas.

D-fencr
        Participant

Austin off for Borger but there was only a minute and a half left, and Vixens then made two subsequent attacking turnovers so she didn’t really get to have an impact. Hopeful that Mundy comes on in the third!

Tully
          Participant

Austin has 10 turnovers. Sheesh :wacko:

In saying that I would bring her back. She wants ball speed and isn’t getting it. She won’t get it with Moloney in C so they need to bring Mundy on who will release the ball. Right now their attack just looks constipated.

They need to change their defence as well. Leave Lewis on.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Tully.

1/2 time: Firebirds 32-27

That was a big Q for Firebirds. 9 turnovers against Vixens as they had a devil of a time converting opportunities. Kiera Austin had 5 turnovers in that 2nd Q alone. Donnell Wallam once again doing the bulk of the Firebirds scoring.

Ruby Bakewell-Doran is everywhere down there. She got right on top of Austin in that Q.

Hannah Mundy on at WA, Emily Mannix off. Weston, Moloney and Watson all move across one position. Austin also back on.

Firebirds 34-27

Tully
                  Participant

I want to see Borger on in GS. Some movement is needed.

Gardner’s been knocked over. Looked winded. Hopefully nothing worse than that. She’s left the court now and Simpson has come on. Firebirds lead 42-33

Tully
                      Participant

Gardener off hopefully winded and not a wrist injury. She was having a brilliant game.

Firebirds have this. Question is now by just what margin.

Neither Moloney or Weston should be in the Diamonds. I’d take either RBD or Garrett on form.

Lewis really is the only Vixen having a crack at the ball. The rest just watch. Is there Fast 5 this year? If so I would like to see her get a go.

Olivia Lewis comes up with a big play and Vixens have narrowed the gap to 6. She’s trying to lift them out there.

Tully
                          Participant

Ahhh MJ out the super shot away for a bit please!!

How was that pass from Austin to Kumwenda! That’s the ball speed she has been trying for all night but hasn’t had her teammates in position.

Vixens are on the charge. From 9 goals down to just one behind.

D-fencr
                              Participant

Bit harsh on Weston – I don’t think she’s played too badly this game or other games, and she has the runs on the board (we lost the only two games she didn’t play against NZ last year). Agree on Moloney though, would pick Price over her for sure.

Tully
                                Participant

Brilliant quarter by Austin. The little break allowed her to gather her composure. Mundy’s inclusion has also helped her.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top