2023 SSN ROUND 9

2023 SSN ROUND 92023-05-12T22:03:30+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • Author

1/2 time: Tbirds 25-23

Oh no!!! Gabi Simpson has gone down just before the halftime break. It doesn’t look good at all. She screamed out in pain, and had to be assisted off court. Please let it not be serious.

Defence is still well on top of attack here.

tina_138
      Participant

The held balls are so inconsistent.

The court seems to be very slippery. Very concerning!

D-fencr
        Participant

I don’t think either Simpson or Dwan went down because of the court surface. One was momentum and trying to keep the ball in while going out of court, the other was some body contact and an awkward landing.

That 3rd Q was 14-14 after a late surge from Firebirds. Mia Stower now on at WA. Lara Dunkley went to the bench after just 3 assists in 37 mins! Meanwhile, Georgie Horjus is having a great time at GA for Tbirds.

To show how much defence has dominated and how many position changes there have been, no player on either side has recorded 10 goal assists yet.

Tbirds 42-39

Thunderbirds are running away with this now. 57-43

Shamera Sterling is playing a brilliant game (does she ever not?), but some of the passing into Wallam has been very poor today. Meanwhile, Cardwell is like a new player since coming back on late in the 3rd Q

D-fencr
              Participant

Now Latty Wilson goes off with some sort of leg injury, after Cardwell spent some time on the sidelines too earlier. I was just thinking before the game that they’ve been quite lucky with injuries!

Oh no, now Latanya Wilson has been helped off court! Another one to land awkwardly. Hopefully she is okay.

Tbirds are completely dominant now.

Full time: Tbirds 63-46

So, there was just 2 the difference going into the last Q, but Tbirds really put the foot down and Firebirds fell apart. The last Q was 24-9!!!

Unsurprisingly, Shamera Sterling was POTM with 10 gains, 6 intercepts, 9 deflections.

Netballcrazy1
                    Participant

Also a very notable mention to Matilda Garrett who had 8 Gains, 2 Intercepts, and 7 deflections!

I also have a feeling SM will take a gamble on Garbin at GS over Wallam

D-fencr
                        Participant

I usually watch fever games on mute but can’t tonight. Goodness me their stadium announcer is a bit annoying.

1/4 time: Swifts 19-16

A good team effort from Swifts so far. A shot right on the buzzer from Housby (how often does she do that?) gives them a 3 goal lead. For Fever, ATN had a poor 1st Q. The connection is just not there yet with this new attacking line up.

StatsNerd21
                            Participant

Me and the family bring earplugs to home Fever games, trust me he’s just as annoying in person.

Jordan Cransberg enters the game at WD for Fever. Aryang goes to GD.

Helen Housby is having a ripper of a game for Swifts! They lead 26-23

1/2 time: Swifts 32-30

For Swifts, Helen Housby is the best on court so far. At the other end, Emma Cosh has done a pretty good job so far, but it’s not quite the same slick attacking work we’re often used to seeing from Fever with Glasgow in the team.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top