2023 SSN ROUND 9

2023 SSN ROUND 92023-05-12T22:03:30+10:00
Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Collingwood’s use of Singleton is terrible. She is a good GA but they just bring her on for the last 5 minutes and expect the world. Let her start and build into a game.

Stoj
      Participant

Really pleased to see Fox including some of the Men’s Netball players in their coverage. Great exposure for them, just want to see more of their games being broadcast.

D-fencr
        Participant

Oooh yes, I would love to see Garbin at the Vixens. And that would only be good for connections with Austin/Moloney/Watson. How many more years does MJ stick around though?

Also agree re. Price, she’s the best C in the league right now in my mind.

StatsNerd21
          Participant

I’ve never been much of a Price fan but this year I’ve been really impressed- she’s taken more of a leadership role and cut out of a lot of unnecessary contact, and her feeding is really effective. I can’t see a world where she misses out on NWC right now, especially since she’d match up really nicely on NZ (ie Heffernan).
            Just wanted to mention Gabi Simpson was an ankle rather than a knee, fingers crossed it’s not too bad.

Maryann
            Participant

Adelaide Thunderbirds injury report –
              Dwan will have scans on her ankle.
              Wilson had cramp.
              Petty will have her quad assessed.
              No one else mentioned

al_ex
                Participant

I’m a big fan of Letherbarrow, but I think she needs to work on her strength if she wants to be a holding GS. She seemed a bit nervous but Giants had trouble getting the ball to her at times even from circle edge. She’s not really tall enough to be easily accessible in the air without a strong hold. It might be better for her to work on her movement and timing and become more of a moving GS like Koenen. She definitely seems athletic enough for it, and she has one of the best shots in the league. Wouldn’t mind seeing her play a bit of GA as well, she has great ball handling skills.

StatsNerd21
                  Participant

Matisse is 188cm which IMO is tall enough, I do agree she needs to work on her strength but I think she can keep working towards being a strong holder. Maybe she can do a strong mix of the two, similar to Koenen like you said.

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Go to Top