2023 Test Series – Aus v SA (Oct)

2023 Test Series – Aus v SA (Oct)2023-08-30T22:30:28+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 138 total)
  • Author

Big changes at half time for Australia…

Wallam, Hadley, Aryang and Garrett on, Dwyer, Price, Parmenter and Bruce off.

For South Africa, the only change is Smith on for Maweni. AUS leads 36-26.

Tully
        Participant

This is an opportunity missed with Dwyer. Her game today shows why she wasn’t played against NZ and why Austin is a stronger GA, at the moment. But she will only get there by being given the chance to play through pressure and pick up on moments during matches to adjust. Would have been great to have seen her play through this match.

tina_138
          Participant

Hopefully Dwyer comes back on in the last quarter. I do agree the pressure gets to her especially when Pretourious is on her.

tina_138
            Participant

Hopefully Dwyer comes back on in the last quarter. I do agree the pressure gets to her especially when Pretourious is on her.

Tully
              Participant

@freonwtball87 in no way am I referencing ball winning comparisons of Corletto and Weston. Corletto is one of my all time favourite players. As a young player when she came through at Phoenix she was guilty of being loose in attack. Not a criticism but my point is she grew out of it as Weston similarly has. The growth of that is what I am referring to as opposed to straight stays and numbers.

StatsNerd21
                Participant

Wallam is so easy to find at the moment which is great to see.

Also good to see the Diamonds middies going for intercepts with two hands whenever they have a chance, rather than just a deflection. It’s a netball basic but it just doesn’t happen enough sometimes.

3/4 time: AUS 50-38

Wallam 12/12 (100%)
                    Koenen 23/23 (100%)

Venter 22/25 (88%)
                    Maseko 16/16 (100%)

Wallam came on strong in that Q. Sadly, turnovers have continued to mount up for SA. The count is 21 at the moment, 8 from Msomi and 6 from Maseko. Streutker is on now.

Refiloe Nketsa is on at C for Chawane. AUS leads by 13

The Diamonds take the second test by 15 goals over the Proteas, 67-52.

Kamogelo Maseko was given the POTM!

D-fencr
                        Participant

It was good to see the group on in the second quarter turn it around in real time before the changes at half time. It was like they suddenly remembered they are able to pass to Koenen! Maweni was in their heads big time.

netballgirl
                            Participant

Blown away by the young SA talent, vdb, smith, Streutker and Maseko are the future of SA very strong. They just need contracts in the SSN!

al_ex
                              Participant

I just love the way that Maseko goes about the game, she just glides around the court and has such fast hands. Reminds me of McMahon. Cox criticised her very heavily at the beginning and I thought it was quite uncalled for, she was starting to grow and was playing excellently by the middle of the second quarter. Has a lovely shot on her as well. I think she’d be a great GA for T’Birds and would have been great for Fever and Mavericks if they hadn’t filled their rosters.

Dwyer needs to work on her playmaking skills. She reminds me of Tippett in her early days. She’s protected at SSN level because she’s such an amazing shooter, but internationally play gets quite stagnant around her. I think she needs to try and get a bit quicker too, she’s a fair bit slower than the other top GAs in Australia. I think Koenen is actually quite a bit quicker and sweeps the circle far better. But Koenen obviously doesn’t have anywhere near as good a shot.

Hopefully she gets the start again next test. I’d like to see Rademan at WA, I saw she had the bib on today.

Shooter Tamara
                                Participant

Probably right about Dwyer, she’s accurate, has range, to be fair to her probably looks better in SSN playing with a playmates like Harten who basically runs Gs Ga and Wa!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 138 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top