2024 ANZP ROUND 4

2024 ANZP ROUND 42024-05-03T13:34:43+10:00
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Magic got hesitant and weren’t letting the ball go.
      It was a good game to watch!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by TB.
      museboy
      Participant

I agree that the Magic tightened up in the end. Watson absolutely shut down Tui in the first half however the Magic were able to use ball-speed and angles to get Tui into the game. Takarangi will surely be recalled into the Ferns if she can keep up this performance – but will her height rule her out of the Ferns inevitably? Otherwise, I thought it was an outrageous send-off of O’Brien at the end there! If anything, Lokotui was the one causing the dangerous play with her (successful) intercept.

A really great round of games, with turnovers being caused by pressure rather than unforced errors. Noticing the Pulse, Mystics and Tactix seem to be employing more one-on-one defense, especially in the midcourt. I’m all for teams bringing in experienced ‘ring-ins’ as it improves the quality of the league – if newcomers are good enough, they will break through.

museboy
        Participant

I appreciate the Mystics are trying to blood in new GKs but I think they need to go to Karaka GK/MSB GD in the meantime. Either that, or stick with one and let them grow into the game.

WeWood
          Participant

@museboy interestingly Takarangi is listed as 1.83m and Jane Watson 1.81m. Agree, she is showing early signs of the consistent form she had in 2021. I think the move up the court was hard for her, but being a viable option in both GD and GK will only improve her Ferns prospects.

mcleod
            Participant

Ekenasio is so much better, when she is shooting goals, and no passing to Nweke.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Go to Top