2024 ANZP ROUND 7

2024 ANZP ROUND 72024-05-24T17:22:27+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was hoping Anna and Jodi was going to question Kiri about Samason. Kiri spoke about every attacking player except Samason. Btw I don’t think she did that maliciously, I feel she may be protecting Samason by not speaking about her.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by TB.
      Nate
      Participant

Yeah why is both Crampton and Falkner able to play? Malesala is on minute restrictions but you have Samason and also Emma Thompson is back. I still reckon you need to replace like with like if they do.
        Also does anyone know when Dunn is back this season?

Also the umpiring has been getting worse this season. So many held balls and offsides from the attacking middies on the circle edge. It’s looking very amateurish with the whistle.

Ive enjoyed the games this round as its been against the grain with some unexpected matches.

mcleod
        Participant

Stars seem to be the team that brings in players, when they actually have a full team.
          I don’t see how they are allowed to bring in Falkner when Samason is their contracted player.

Tactix are soooo lucky to have Ellie Bird, she is playing her best Netball this year, in the past she would drop the bullet passes from Sinclair and Pedersen.
          Ellie has a full time job, not in Christchurch.

Poi struggled a bit last night, but was better at Wing A.

Stars should have won.

WeWood
          Participant

Will be interesting if this Tactix SOS has reignited Bird’s passion to play at this level a la Pedersen. I actually think TPSR pairs better with Bird than Dunn.

If you were the Steel and one of those two became available at season’s end what would you do – re-sign Fisher and hope her knee issues are sorted by the start of 2025 or go for Bird or Dunn..

Have enjoyed the topsy turvy results of recent weeks – even if I’m having a shocker with my weekly picks. Has kept it interesting versus every game being a foregone conclusion. However I do think the Mystics will storm home once Nweke is back on court.

silverferns1
            Participant

Off topic, but I really do think Maia will benefit off of a hairstyle change lol. Change is always good! It will give her a new refreshed look which she needs at this stage of her career lol. It’s the little things that count!

thunder123
              Participant

MRB had a great game last night.
                Interesting to hear Maia say that Gina has had other offers from around the country but said no as wanted to play only at the Stars. I presume it would’ve been Steel and pulse?

TB
                Participant

@Wewood if I was Steel I would take either Dunn or Bird.
                  If we look at Sammy Wallace. Two years off, and it’s fair to say she is far from the player she once was (respectfully).

RMB
                  Participant

@wewood i think Bird getting dropped by the Tactix for the 2023 season has ignited something in her saying she deserves to be there. Shes top of the table with her accuracy and putting goals up, would she still be up the top if Nweke and Warmsley werent injured? who knows… but loving her play

TB
                    Participant

Martina Salmon could end up being an option too!

silverferns1
                      Participant

I think the super-shot will be implemented next year to get the teams ready to join SSN in 2026. So I’m pretty confident Salmon will get picked up next year with her long-range shot.

Jinxibo
                        Participant

A strange but enjoyable round, however, if you had to pick your squad of 12 for the TJ cup now who would you select

Karaka & Mason were both out of sorts this weekend. Poi and Earle were both dominated by their oppositions.

WeWood
                          Participant

My TJ 12, assuming everyone is fit for selection:

Ekenasio, Heffernan, Nweke, Tui
                            >> Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s rotation across series, to keep Walmsley in the mix and also Malesala and Metuarau.

Gordon, Heffernan, Souness, Toeava
                            >> Am going to back-in Peta here. Fitness test pending I think she deserves another chance in the Ferns. Barring the Steel game I think she has been excellent in Nweke’s absence. This foursome has good versatility. 3 who can play Centre, 3 who can play WA, 2 who can play WD plus Burger.

Burger, Jury, Mason, Watson
                            >> Karaka hasn’t been bad, I just think the other incumbents have been better as well as the newbie in Mason. I think Taurua needs to explore her options in anticipation of a possible CWG 2026 and NWC 2027. Burley an honourable mention and Stythe as a training partner.

Jinxibo
                            Participant

@WeWood, thanks, but the fun of this is to pick your TJ 12 only from the players who played at the weekend as they are available.

No Gordon, Nweke or Walmsley!!!

Jinxibo
                              Participant

The Roses squad will be interesting too, I doubt if we’ll have the girls from SSN.

Thacker, one of our tall young shooters has a season ending injury. I doubt we’ll see her or Fisher in the squad. SDL has picked tennis over netball this summer, so she’s not in the programme.

Quashie, is playing well but not strong enough for the international scene, IMO, and the same for Vicky O. We do have 2 tall GK but they’re both inexperienced.

museboy
                                Participant

Assuming Gordon does not return, I would pick:

Nweke, Ekenasio, Tui, Heffernan
                                  Toeava, MRB, Heffernan, Souness
                                  Burger, Watson, Jackson, Takarangi

A very attacking mid-court, but I think Toeava needs to be given a whole series. Otherwise swap Souness for Earle.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top