2024 SSN ROUND 1

2024 SSN ROUND 12024-04-11T22:41:50+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
  • Author

1/2 Time: Fever 45-34

Jo Harten 16/17 (2/3)
      Sophie Dwyer 11/14 (5/7)

Jhaniele Fowler-Nembhard 32/33 (3/4)
      Shanice Beckford 10/15 (0/2)

Outstanding stat of the first half… Fever has ONE general play turnover. That’s right, just one. Giants have 7.

D-fencr
      Participant

Finally! Took a held ball but Winders is on at WA.

Fever marches on in the 3rd Q. Giants just don’t have any answer at all at this stage. This margin is a bit shocking. Fever 61-42

D-fencr
          Participant

I agree with Sue – we want Matisse! If not now then when?

Andrew Kennedy
            Participant

One thing Fever is doing very well is keeping Ward busy, and Beckford is elusive and experienced enough that she’s still a viable option. Fever also identify when one of the Giants defence is out of the circle (on Beckford usually) because there is now a 1-on-1 in the circle, so they shift the angle then give it to JFN.

And one thing Giants are doing poorly is getting gains from their deflections! Four deflections this quarter, none converted to gains. But they’re certainly getting closer to interrupting Fever now. EDIT they ended with six deflections, none of them resulted in gains.

Aryang just landed on Dwyer, and Dwyer still nailed the supershot. Dwyer was having a bit of a down patch, but she’s picked back up, we need that balance of fight and composure in our Diamonds.

Winders is faster than Pitman. I like it.

Kind of similar margins each quarter, 5-6 goals to Fever. It’s 67-50

Morts
              Participant

Winders is really not a WA…

3/4 time and it’s currently 71 attempts for Fever and only 50 for Giants, such is the dominance of the team in green. Fowler-Nembhard and the rest of the Fever attacking unit proving unstoppable. Fever 67-50

iona
                  Participant

I think Fever have been underrated in the experts analysis of the season. Although saying that I don’t think Giants are going to be a threat to the top teams.

Sophie Dwyer left all of her good form at the TGC!

nanator
                      Participant

I don’t get why Julie has not put Matisse on court? I just can’t fathom the reason…

Andrew Kennedy
                        Participant

So Ian, JFN has 128 NNP and 59 “points” already, is she getting close to her own records?

They won’t make 97 you’d think.

Nothing really is tragically bad about Giants’ STATS, but the stat that’s missing is anything that could squeeze out errors from Fever. They have no defensive rebounds (out of 7 missed shots). FYI Giants shooters 2 rebounds out of their 13 missed shots.

D-fencr
                          Participant

I wouldn’t pick the Giants to win the whole thing this season but I genuinely thought they would be better than last year. I can see them really struggling to win ball if this is how they play.

Morts
                            Participant

I think Giants need to commit O’Brien getting consistent time in GK, and Ward in GD – and develop that combination. McDonnell has passion, but it doesn’t really seem to be enough.

Sligar doing very well, and deserves more court time this season.

Pitman needs to be in WA, Winders is setting up on the body of her opposition but then not driving forward. Her lateral movements are not achieving anything.

iona
                              Participant

Sligar is impressive.

iona
                                Participant

Sligar is impressive.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top