2024 SSN ROUND 5

2024 SSN ROUND 52024-05-10T11:51:28+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@TB so Giants didn’t deserve it? They were brilliant in ET. Are you saying there should not have been extra time to get a result?

D-fencr
      Participant

Poor Steph Fretwell, gutted and rightfully frustrated with all this.

Swifts1
        Participant

While really happy for the Giants I feel for the Lightning. No team deserves to lose like that.

StatsNerd21
          Participant

Personally I think the Lightning would’ve won that game if the scoreboard had been correct, so they should have won. However, once the farce began, both teams knew there was deliberation, and Giants did play better in ET.

Just a terrible situation for the teams, the fans, the League- just terrible.

TB
            Participant

I must say all the interviews during this game, after the game (original time) going into extra time and post game were on point. All players and coaches give great insight into what was happening, how they felt etc.

Full time: Giants win 86-80

Well that was something, wasn’t it? Congrats to Giants on getting their first win of the season. A hugely improved performance today. But that was incredibly bad luck for Lightning. And really not a good look for the competition!

Stoj
                Participant

I thought overall that the Giants played better in regular time and had some very bad umpiring calls go against them. So, this extra time result is justified, even if it was a farcical way to get there.

TB
                  Participant

@Tully yes I’m saying there should not have been OT. There was over 40mins of time from the original final whistle. I don’t think this would even happen at Club level.
                    It was clear that one team was hot and the other was cold.

TB
                    Participant

Cath Cox needs to shut up! She’s totally biased with her comments.

TB
                      Participant

Had it been the other way round, Giants thought they won and then had to return and eventually lose………………….Cox would be saying they were robbed.

Swifts1
                        Participant

I don’t understand how accurately recording the score is so hard. I’ve noticed in multiple games lags between when the goal is scored and the score board is changed. I think the Giants definitely deserved their win but the Lightning are completely justified in feeling robbed. What a crazy game.

D-fencr
                          Participant

I’m sure it happens at club level, but the same scrutiny isn’t applied.

Giants just played it as it came. And so did Lightning. I feel for Lightning and it’s an unfair situation for them, but they could have won and didn’t take the chance. I don’t think awarding them a win in absence of extra time would have been right at all.

Swifts1
                            Participant

All Cath Cox said is that both teams were in the same position re extra time.

TB
                              Participant

At club level, playing OT after 40-45mins from the original whistle? Really?

D-fencr
                                Participant

Sorry TB, I misread what you said, I thought you meant incorrect scoring, not delays in playing extra time.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 202 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top