2024 SSN SIGNING AND TEAM NEWS

2024 SSN SIGNING AND TEAM NEWS2024-01-16T23:08:11+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I don’t know much of her but Berri Neil played for London Pulse. And made the NSL team of the year at GA. Any idea where she’s off to?

If Klau is off to Vixens (I’ll be honest I find it hard to imagine her leaving Swifts) then you’d have to think they’d take her over Mannix (assuming Lewis to SEN). A Vixens line up of Klau and Weston, then Austin and Garbin as bookends with Mundy in the middle would be something special.

Jinxibo
      Participant

Berri Neil is a young star. Believed by some to be the next HH. Started as a GS but has moved out to GA. She was part of a group of youngsters coached by LA.

I think she came through the Manchester Thunder pathway so would be a good pick up for Dan or TN.

Oh and she can shoot from range.

netballgirl
        Participant

That’s interesting I wonder if Neville will pick her up to strengthen their English rose lineup at SEN? Or maybe she might be a starter at Tbirds if Dwan leaves?

Woodsy
          Participant

I read about Berri Neil in the comments on facebook under the recently named English team. So it came from someone who has knowledge of the English players and where they are going. Doesnt mention what SSN team thou.

Woodsy
            Participant

I just read from Code on faceboook that Adelaide Thunderbirds have an England GA/GS coming to their team. I bet it is Berri Neil.

Tully
              Participant

There is nothing on code about TBirds getting an unnamed English shooter. Nothing new on code from what I last put in here.

Berri Neal is a fantastic young GA. Was outstanding for London Pulse.

Klau is not going to vixens. I put in here that there was an initial discussion. It didn’t go anywhere. FBs also want her. I’d say Klau’s manager is out there doing their job, establishing market value to take back for an upgrade at Swifts. The only Swift that should be paid more than Klau is Housby.

Woodsy
                Participant

Yes there is on code about Adelaide Thunderbirds getting an English shooter. Also mentioned in comments about the new English team named that Berri NeIl is playing in the SSN. So do some better sleuthing and will find these comnents.

sarahk90
                  Participant

You’d assume if those rumours are true then Cardwell is off to SEN because surely Thunderbirds wouldn’t have 4 imports. And if she plays both positions it would hopefully be a similar set up to their shooting circle this year

netballgirl
                    Participant

Well this is exciting!! I think she’ll be Dwans replacement if Berri is more of a GA. Would this mean Garbin may play in the Tbirds, to balance out an Aussie/ international circle? I think Austin needs a couple more years to be starting shooter. Garbin will get more court time at tbirds than at Vixens, but if she isn’t coming I’d like to see Kumwenda for a season or two to help the young girls develop.

Tully
                      Participant

Woodsy What code article is the comment about an English shooter joining TBirds in? Do you have an article name?

I have read them all.

I am not reading Facebook comments. They might be on there but I’m not following the comments dreamt up in the bowels of Facebook.

netballgirl
                        Participant

Just because something isn’t written in code sports doesn’t mean it can’t be true. Code sports isn’t 100% accurate they are making speculations to stir up the pot.
                          They’re called rumours for a reason, no hard evidence until teams release lists. Let’s just have fun until we know facts.

Tully
                          Participant

I didn’t say that code is perfect.

Woodsy said it is on code about an English shooter going to TBirds. I’ve said I can’t see anything like that on there so what article is it in given I was told to sleuth better :wacko:

I wouldn’t say Code are making rumours up. As Ive already outlined in this thread Linda Pearce is a hugely respected, connected and proven sport journalist who has long serviced netball. So to accuse her of making things up is rude! If that’s the view I’ll keep the article comments to myself.

NB12
                            Participant

I would argue some of the thoughts on these pages are not even “rumours”, they are just what people hope to happen.

Aside from what has been written about on
                              code, the rest of this rumour mill has been a bit ridiculous.

t_aus
                              Participant

Yeah I myself haven’t seen anything about a English shooter being linked to Thunderbirds, only article I can recall seeing Berri Neal linked to any team was fever an that was way back earlier in the year of Dan showing interest.

Woodsy
                                Participant

I have screen shot the info I obtained off facebook n code of facebook, so I am not making it up. I dont know how to put my screen shots on here. So code info is not confirmed but that is the only thing atm we can all go by. I believe according to code – Caldwell n Glasgow are with sen, garbin to vixens and an a new English GA/GS to Adelaide thunderbirds – maybe Berri Neil. Dont shoot the messenger. I am as interested as much as you to know the facts.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,011 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top