2024 SSN SIGNING AND TEAM NEWS

2024 SSN SIGNING AND TEAM NEWS2024-01-16T23:08:11+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author

Mavericks are dropping hints about their players on Facebook and Instagram and in one of them, they used part of a picture of Steph Wood! :unsure: :scratch:

netballgirl
      Participant

Are you referring to the last photo? Are those Steph woods shoulders? ????
        Photo 2 looks like Weston.

There’s one simply of a hand holding a netball. And that’s part of a photo of Steph Wood holding a netball.

I mean, I haven’t seen anything about Steph Wood leaving Lightning to go to Mavs, but who knows?

netballgirl
            Participant

There was actually a rumour, very early on in the piece about Steph leaving SCL to join Mavs. It would make sense if they want to fit Watson, koenan and Bruce into a salary cap.

Just listening to a live interview with Mary Cholhok, and it sounds like the vixens are interested in her.

Linda Pearce says Steph Wood’s not going to Mavericks, but why then use a pic of her when it should be Gabby Sinclair. All of the other pics match up with someone apparently going there. The one that some people thought was Weston, I think that’s Sasha Glasgow.

Tully
                Participant

Interesting. I heard one of the reasons for Watson going to SCL is to try and win a premiership with Wood (along with lifestyle). They are great mates. So doubt Wood is leaving SCL.

Red herring.

There was the comment about the players assigning use of their images etc to ANPA so Mavs may just have cleared it with them?

Pic 2 looks like Sinclair to me? Could easily be Glasgow as well though.

Who is in pics 1 and 3?

Tully
                  Participant

As for Cholhok. She is contracted in the Uk. SSN get out clauses aren’t open ended they would all be expired or expiring. Clubs want to know once players start pre season they are locked in and can’t walk out leaving them short and scrambling on eve of the comp. Fair enough! And of course there are no SSN contracts to be offered yet….

Vixens may well be looking to 2025 as tip is Kumwenda will retire at the end of season 2024.

Tully
                    Participant

SCL won’t have cap issues.

Bruce, Watson and Wood on big contracts. Koenen would be lower.

Black, Mi Mi, Ervin, Batcheldor would all be on minimum or barely above minimum contracts.

Vixens need to fit in Weston, Garbin, Austin and Moloney. 4 current Diamonds plus Kumwenda and Mundy who would be due a pay rise. Only Walters (possibly Ellis) is an obvious minimum contract player there.

Swifts have Housby, Klau and Hadley as top earners then Proud, Wallace and Turner. Fawns would be due a pay rise. Maybe Smith and Gorman Brown on minimum contracts.

If Swifts and Vix can do that then SCL won’t have issues.

netballgirl
                      Participant

It doesn’t make sense, why they would use a Steph wood photo, if she wasn’t joining the Mavs? Unless someone made a mistake and thought Steph wood is Gabby Sinclair?

Rumours are Fawns may be joining Aiken at tbirds next season, which will be interesting if it happens.

Tully
                        Participant

Tip is Fawns is staying at Swifts. 4 clubs contacted her management including TBirds.

Which would be the right move. Young player that needs experience around her to bring her into games and settle her. Leaked turnovers and struggled through court at ANC without it.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by Tully.
                              Netballcrazy1
                              Participant

If I were Thunderbirds I’d be considering Cosh as a potential replacement for Dwan. She’s similar to Nyah Allen but more experienced and can swing to WA.

sarahk90
                                Participant

I rate Cosh when she did make the court but Tbirds don’t need another GA/WA. I’d much rather a solid GA option

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,011 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top