ADELAIDE THUNDERBIRDS 2021

ADELAIDE THUNDERBIRDS 20212020-10-14T12:35:08+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Maisie Nankivell, Hannah Petty and Shadine van der Merwe have all re-signed for the Thunderbirds for 2021…

Netballcrazy1
      Participant

Great to have Nankivell and Van Der Merwe back. Interesting to note that they refer to Petty as a C and WA even though she played primarily at WD and C over the past few years and also in younger age groups as well. Maybe we’ll see more of her at WA now that Pitman is gone

Matilda Garrett and Elle McDonald have signed with the Thunderbirds

https://adelaidethunderbirds.com.au/news/garrett-and-mcdonald-join-thunderbirds-2021

Tully
          Participant

I’m very keen to see how Garrett progresses in a new environment. Was selected for WYC as a teenager but just seemed to have stopped developing at Collingwood. I’m happy to see her find a new home.

al_ex
            Participant

I’m really glad to see McDonald get a contract, she deserves one. Hopefully she can work on her S&C in the off season, she may very well end up in their starting 7. It’s quite strange to me that they dropped Pitman though, maybe they hoped they could get a better GA option so that Horjus could start at WA. I’m not really a fan of Nankivell at WA.

Garrett is a decent signing and I hope her development really improves in the new environment. Again, I’m not really sure if she offers more than Shimmin, but it is what it is. It feels like a lot of players of pretty equal abilities have rotated through clubs, it’s been quite a strange off season!

Netballcrazy25
              Participant

It’s exciting that these young players have been offered opportunities, but I’m just not feeling this Tbirds line up as a collective.
                I felt like they had the perfect balance of youth and experience this year, were competitive and were building towards something special in 2021.
                Whilst the defence end will no doubt win them plenty of ball,with the roster changes, they now lack any experience in their attacking midcourt.
                I fear the young guns are going to feel exposed out there in 2021 and they will lose their competitiveness.

Tully
                Participant

I think McDonald’s lack of SSN experience is made up for with her maturity. McDonald’s pathway was non traditional as she never made a VIC state team. Elle has played mixed for Australia and at 26 plays with a confident assuredness.

I’d have McDonald start at WA in this team with Nankivell in C.

I can understand why SA netball fans may not be naturally drawn to the team given the changes and that the number of SA athletes has reduced in the 10 (assuming Sterling and Guscoth finish the team). Hopefully that changes once they get out on court.

I’m looking forward to see who the TPs are. Hopefully Orr and Williams are there and maybe even Nyah Allan can be brought back (I watched an interview where she said the big attraction to Magpies was Rob Wright).

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                  Participant

Surprised Blackmann wasn’t given a contract. Support your local players.

Netballcrazy1
                    Participant

I really haven’t seen much of Blackman at SSN level, Thunderbirds haven’t given her the opportunity, but in the few glimpses I’ve seen, she hasn’t lit the world on fire, but again, they’ve only been glimpses because she’s hasn’t been given the opportunity

Netballcrazy1
                        Participant

This has to be a joke…

Tully
                          Participant

I’m not sure describing the situation with Shimmin as a defection is entirely accurate.

Jinxibo
                              Participant

Interesting piece but confusing!

she’s leaving SSN but not netball? right ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top