ADELAIDE THUNDERBIRDS 2021

ADELAIDE THUNDERBIRDS 20212020-10-14T12:35:08+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Interesting, I get the sense that this was a late decision, probably in part a reaction to how this signing window has played out.
      She’s going to play for Surrey Storm in the VNSL and that definitely wouldn’t have been her first choice.
      Not good for England either in the run up to the CWG and NWC.

Also say goodbye to Shamera for 2022, no way she’ll stay in Adelaide.
      It’s obviously not the coach as they’ve tried changing that? Guess they need a whole clear out of the board?
      But I guess this explains why Tilly Garrett moved, she must have known she’d get to be starting GD?

How do you know she’s going to play for Storm???

Storm have just run a promo for their last signing saying that she was a star of the World Cup. Guscoth played one game at the World Cup and got injured. :scratch:

englishrose21
        Participant

True, but I think it will be her. I can’t see it being Pitman/ a WA with the team they have.
          Although I would love to see Pitman in the UK. Also I don’t think Guscoth fits into Team Bath with Allison, E U-B & Artman? She could bench any of them for sure but not sure.
          I’ll wait to be proven wrong ?

Netballcrazy25
          Participant

What a disastrous signing period for Adelaide – and according to netty Twitter, there is more news to come out of the Adelaide camp.
            Sterling has never really settled in Adelaide and now she has lost seemingly her closest teammate (and housemate?) in Layla.
            Will Sterling want to make sacrifices just to sign with a team that will inevitably be the wooden spoon of the competition next year?
            The only saving grace for Adelaide is that it’s late in the signing period and they must have a big chunk of the salary cap left so that may lure her back for one last season…

englishrose21
            Participant

I was wrong about Guscoth at Surrey Storm they’ve signed Felisitus kwangwa the Zimbabwe GD. Good signing. But I hope this means Guscoth is back at Team Bath, it’ll be disastrous for England if she’s not playing next year.

I’m not surprised that there’s murmurings on netball Twitter. Sterling was really settled playing in the UK and loved the culture and has made it very clear she hasn’t settled in Australia. Maybe she’ll look to where she could move to be close to
              one of her Jamaican team mates for 2022?

Maryann
              Participant

Like everyone this year has been exceptionally difficult for those separated from home and/or families. I’m actually surprised that so many import players have re-signed to play in Australia. Some have returned home for the off season and there is always the doubt there that in this current pandemic they may not be able to return. Frankly I’m surprised that NZ has signed imports for our comp, will they get it – who knows.

Sterling may well wish to be closer to home.

Netballcrazy1
                Participant

Losing Guscoth will also impact Sterling, she’s been quite open about how she feels about Adelaide and coming over here for netball. Beyond 2021 I expect her to leave. A real shame really that Thunderbirds had one of the best defensive ends but never contended for finals with it. Board needs a full clear out

Chelsea Pitman has signed with Garville in the SA state league.

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

Can breathe a sigh of relief, I mean there wasn’t anywhere else for her to go at this stage but still, Thunderbirds are so unpredictable. Not trying to read into this too much but her player announcement is the only one that doesn’t have a comment from her, I know she’s not in Adelaide at the moment but still.

Netballcrazy1
                        Participant

Netball SA receives $12 million government grant

Personally, I think Netball SA needs to start preparing to invest in building a new stadium rather than continuously trying to upgrade the current one which has limited capacity and isn’t exactly state of the art. It will be important in the future

gilll
                          Participant

Stacian Facey Jamaican GD to the Thunderbirds!! That’s why Sterling stayed.

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

That’s a decent signing, I agree @gill that’s probably helped swing Sterling to stick around.

englishrose21
                              Participant

That explains a lot! I bet Shamera wouldn’t sign until she knew. Glad she’ll have more support in Adelaide and hope it’ll give her the same spark on court that she had with Guscoth ?

TheBroadbean
                                Participant

It is Latanya Wilson that has signed with the Thunderbirds?

https://adelaidethunderbirds.com.au/news/exciting-jamaican-talent-joins-thunderbirds-2021

Not sure where Facey is signed.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by TheBroadbean.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top