Aliyah’s far from Dunn with Silver Ferns

Aliyah’s far from Dunn with Silver Ferns2022-04-20T17:18:03+10:00

Forums New Zealand Aliyah’s far from Dunn with Silver Ferns

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Totally disagree! If she was playing in the SSN she’d still dominate. Do you rate our defenders so poorly, thinking that’s the only reason why she’s dominant in NZ? We have world class defenders!

You are comparing 1 game (series) against Mentor, and basically calling off her international career. Yes it wasn’t the best outing. But I would feel confident as hell, if our starting shooting combination is Nweke/Ekenasio. Oh and Poi C 😊

Ian Harkin
    Nate
    Participant

I’m not saying NZ have bad defenders they just match up badly against Nweke as the set combos, put a full SF defence unit against her and the Mystics and then yes the defence would win out. There is no defender in NZ league say like a Sterling that can elevate and play against a holding shooter very well.

I’m not calling her international career over, I did state she needs to improve her game to take it and be dominant for international arena. Every tall holding shooter does end up needing to add movement to their game and a tad bit more range or willing to take a shot further away… ie Van Dyk, Aiken, Bassett, Fowler and now also Wallam to a degree.

So please take a chill pill, we are just discussing and I did point out it was my personal opinion based on her individual game and style and versatility as a goaler.

TB
    Participant

Hahahaha chill pill?
    How long have you been on this site for? Cause that’s exactly what we do on here, discuss/give opinions on netball. Which I don’t agree with any of your points you made.
    I’m not even a Nweke fan, but I think it’s ridiculous to leave her out of the team. Someone as dominant as she’s been, needs to be in the team.

PICASSO123
    Participant

Nah I’ll leave Nweke out. One of the many reasons she is good in the ANZ is simply because Toeava is feeding her. I don’t think Toeava will make Ferns squad so who would feed her perfectly then? I know Saunders has fed Fowler in the past but during the Nwekes international stint, the feeds to her were a 50/50. Add to the fact that Nweke rarely shoots from distance and that would be a big problem on the international stage.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand Aliyah’s far from Dunn with Silver Ferns