Ameliaranne Ekenasio pregnant!

Ameliaranne Ekenasio pregnant!2021-05-07T10:54:20+10:00
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Maryann
      Participant

And ‘Ocean will have a little brother’.

WeWood
        Participant

Good for Ekenasio and her family.

Soooo who is going to be our starting GA? Mes and Te Paea running out a half game each?

Look if the team was getting named tomorrow I’d actually pick Metuarau. She’s got the feeding side of thing down already. And if she can return to the shooting volumes and accuracy of 2017-18, then a shoo in for me.

AllieC
          Participant

Wonderful news, I’m very happy for her 🙂

Baller
            Participant

Firstly, congratulations. Your career shouldn’t ditate when you choose to have babies. Great news for their family.

Silver lining for the SF, it really does open up the shooting options.

I accepted 😥 it wasn’t to going to be the Pulses season months ago.

mcleod
              Participant

Lovely

James
                Participant

Congrats to Ekenasio
                  Does open a space for Pulse and Ferns. I expect her to be back next year and ready for CWG

al_ex
                  Participant

Amazing news. Hopefully she’s able to come back at her best level and try and get that elusive CWG Gold for NZL!

I think Metuarau makes the squad but I don’t think she’ll make the 12. Taurua seems to like putting players along more of a pre-defined path and generally values experience. I think Nweke will get moved up and Wilson/TPSR/Mes will remain. Dunn is good enough (and fit enough really if Nweke made the Cadbury Series team) but she just doesn’t seem to be in favour.

NZChampion
                    Participant

Big congrats to the Ekenasio family. ? Definitely spots to fill in Pulse and Silverferns. Would love to see Dunn, Nweke or Metuarau in there. But they have to meet the targets. We still have Falkner, Mes and Maia as highly probables. TPSR on the mend as well. So pretty well covered for spots. Eke will be missed, but it’s a new opportunity to grow another player into the Silverferns.

Maryann
                      Participant

Falkner has missed a couple of games with an issue to that knee which was injured (ACL). Mes could barely walk after the game on Monday night, ice on both ankles (achilles?).
                        Hopefully for both of them it is a temporary thing.

mcleod
                        Participant

Yes Maryann, is a bit worrying. Te Paea isn’t up to full fitness yet either.
                          Few issues for Dame Noels to sort, but no doubt she has a plan. Jamie Hume is doing ok so far.

WeWood
                          Participant

Could we see Maia pushed out to GA in front of a Nweke or dare I say it, Dunn?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Go to Top