Amy Steel – ‘Climate change forced me to retire from sport’

Amy Steel – ‘Climate change forced me to retire from sport’2021-01-27T14:15:12+10:00

Forums Australia Amy Steel – ‘Climate change forced me to retire from sport’

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jen
    Participant

What a load of bollocks.

mcleod
    Participant

One of the more funny things I have read.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

An interesting take on global warming I guess? But from what I remember she also had Glandular Fever too?

Jinxibo
    Participant

OMG, this explains so much.

I play GD ”statistically, the most physically intense position on the court”. I just couldn’t understand why I developed an autoimmune condition when no one else in my family has one. Forget poor diet, dehydration and stress, as suggested by my GP. Obviously I was covering more of the court than anyone on my team and working harder. I often played outside during the winter months in just a tee shirt and skirt. I can remember playing one game surrounded by a metre of snow, the grounds person had cleared 2 courts just for us to play a county match. No one smashed the ball out of court that day, because you’d have to wade through the snow to get it. :yes: :yes: :whistle: :yes: :yes:

Tully
    Participant

I knew Steel was a passionate climate change advocate and has carved out a very good career with Deloitte in that space. Believe she is now based in Perth. However, it is interesting that the article does not mention once chronic fatigue.

I liked Steel as a player. Never really hit the heights predicted for her. In her final year at FBs and her time at the Vixens she was very thin. Was really only just starting to get her form back with TBirds when she was diagnosed with chronic fatigue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia Amy Steel – ‘Climate change forced me to retire from sport’