2023 ANZP THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news

2023 ANZP THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news2022-07-19T21:22:35+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2023 ANZP THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 152 total)
  • Author

Grace Namana has been announced as a signing for Severn Stars in the UK.

WeWood
    Participant

Good on Namana for chasing an overseas opportunity. There’s been some pretty questionable third shooter options in teams over the 2020-2022 ANZP seasons and I think it’s a shame a quality player like Namana hasn’t got a chance to fully show her wares. Perhaps a season or two in the UK could put her more firmly on ANZP coaches radars.

Ian Harkin

Ali Wilshier has signed with Team Bath in the UK.

Ian Harkin
    Nate
    Participant

Watching the international mixed and Oceane Maihi went down with a knee injury in game two, on the sidelines of game three with a knee brace and crutches… hope she recovers well.

Kerryn
    Participant

@Nate she’s just confirmed on IG that it was her ACL again (did it 5 years ago) – gutted for her she was just going from strength to strength – maybe opens up a spot for Katrina to come back in?

Nate
    Participant

@Kerryn bugger that sucks.

Id love to see Katrina (one of the loveliest and down to earth players ive met) back but what about everyones favourite fill in…. LdB out of retirement again lol

Ian Harkin

A mini pre-season tournament in Invercargill in February involving Swifts!

Trans-Tasman showdown for Steel

https://www.southernsteel.co.nz/news/trans-tasman-showdown-southern-steel-__I.90501__N.17077

Ian Harkin

The regular Pulse pre-season tournament is back, featuring all 6 ANZP teams. Feb 17-19.

Ian Harkin

Kerryn
    Participant

Vika Koloto has been named as injury replacement for Hannah Glenn – can’t see it happening but would like to see her get some more court time in the circle this year

Maryann
    Participant

@Kerryn – I’d like to hope that she will share court time with Dunn and Selby Rickit or at least get some decent time, it’s so important to grow the up and coming players.
    For SF’s Ekenasio and Selby Rickit won’t be around for that much longer and while Selby Rickit isn’t a starting player these days she is the steady the ship player thats also used when court craft is needed.

Maryann
    Participant

Southern Steel – Not sure if this has been posted somewhere already but Ivari Christie will replace Shannon Saunders and Courtney Elliot will replace Sarahpheinna Woulf who is no longer available for 2023.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 5 hours ago by Maryann.
    Kerryn
    Participant

@Maryann I am so stoked for Ivari – when I first saw her at U15 trials a few years back I knew she was going to be a star – reminded me of Laura Langman at the same age.

and regarding Koloto I hope they don’t just chuck her on at WA like they did this year – total waste of shooting talent (have effectively lost both her and Tui from the NZ system having both played for Tonga/Samoa this year, both who have great potential)

• This reply was modified 5 days, 5 hours ago by Kerryn.
    Maryann
    Participant

Heres the umpires list for the 2023 domestic leagues

2023 National Umpire Squad (games in brackets)

Angela Armstrong-Lush (ANZ 108, NNL 1)
    Caleb Binns (NNL 1)
    Myron Elkington (ANZP 28, NNL 25)
    Gracey Farquharson (ANZP 3, NNL 32)
    Tania Fink (ANZP 29, NNL 14)
    Gareth Fowler (ANZP 79, NNL 6)
    Marlissa Howard (NNL 12)
    Sasha McLeod (ANZP 47, NNL 16)
    Ken Metekingi (ANZP 56, NNL 12)
    Zak Middleton (ANZP 6, NNL 39)
    Cory Nicholls (ANZP 25, NNL 28)
    Kristie Simpson (ANZP 125, NNL 1)
    Michelle Stagg (ANZP 3, NNL 20)
    Wids Wilson (NNL 6)

*Kiani Smith has not been selected for 2023 due to injury.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 19 hours ago by Maryann.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 152 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2023 ANZP THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news