2023 ANZP THREAD – Announcements, team news & match reports

2023 ANZP THREAD – Announcements, team news & match reports2023-03-08T23:46:38+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 451 total)
  • Author
        Netballfan1
        Participant

A long way from home for winders! I’m not sure I understand the reasoning given Heffernan + Winders isn’t much different to Kersten + winders?
          I’m personally not a big fan of her game, I hope for her that she gets more disciplined at the steel

daisies
          Participant

Sam Winders husband is from Southland so makes sense

Netballfan1
            Participant

I wonder if Reinga Bloxham twisted her arm with the NZA training currently/give her a glimpse of potential under her coaching

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Netballfan1.
              Paul2020
              Participant

Strong mid court for Steel, though possibly a bit short on WA cover.

Netballfan1
                Participant

Is it just the Stars who are yet to announce their team now?

Maryann
                  Participant

@Netballfan – I believe so. In the past few years they have always preferred a very much older senior player in their squad i.e. de bruin, harrison due to the younger age overall so I wonder what they intend to do this year.

Kwkiwi
                    Participant

Is Winders going to be coming off the bench? The steel already have Heffernan and Saunders at centre and Renee S at WD?

TB
                      Participant

I’d say Renee S will be seeing the bench.

Nesian
                        Participant

I’d say Renee would be on the bench too which doesn’t quite make sense to me seeing as she probably had her best year so far. Both the Steel and Magic signings seem uninspiring to me. I don’t see the addition of Winders to the Steel or Elley to the Magic pushing them further up the table (although I’m happy to see Elley get a contract). The Tactix seem to be the only side to have made big changes which could potentially see them move significantly up the table.

RMB
                          Participant

@nesian agree having Elley isnt going to make the Magic move up the table nor having Winders with the Steel, however Steel were set for a good year then got hid with Covid mid-way just bad luck, I’m looking forward to the Tactix moving up the ladder which i think will happen with the return of Watson and the new additions of Malcolm and Dunn

Netballfan1
                            Participant

I remember a while ago someone saying on here that there was a toxic atmosphere in management at the Magic?? Seems odd if that’s true and the only person who leaves is Winders?

RMB
                              Participant

@Netballfan1 i remember that too, several were going to get out of their contracts, lol netball gossip theres only 1… wasnt the same said about the Pulse last year?

thunder123
                                Participant

Could we see an import defender replacing Harrison?
                                  Maybe Maweni?
                                  Not many experienced defenders around NZ – unless they can snare Rore? Otherwise looking at LDB. Or maybe Nawai from Tactix.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 451 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top