2023 ANZP THREAD – Announcements, team news & match reports

2023 ANZP THREAD – Announcements, team news & match reports2023-03-08T23:46:38+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 451 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Oh Robinhood Stars – you could have spelt Amorangi’s name properly! It’s not a typo, its a proper spelling error.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Maryann.
      Nate
      Participant

Oof and the G is nowhere near the O… shame

Stuff article says Mather going to England for an opportunity.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Nate.
        Kwkiwi
        Participant

Unfortunately I don’t think Nawai Caucau is going to strengthen the Stars defensive end which was pretty strong last year. I find that Nawai caucau tends to be expensive on the penalties and a couple of the GS out there in the NZ league dominate her one on one. The stars shooting circle is strong for sure with Wilson but if your defence in the circle is not up to scratch its game over. The Magic have the same problem with their defensive pairings in the circle,

RMB
          Participant

@kwkiwi same with the addition of Samon Nathan, dont get me wrong shes my WA goals but youve got a Gina Campton… unless they plan on using Nathan for some Centre however i found her Centre time in the tactix while Poi was unwell a bit underwhelming. With Pulse and Mystics remaining a bit unchanged and a new haul with the Tactix who knows what 2023 will bring? :yahoo:

thunder123
            Participant

Just realised that the Mystics haven’t announced their coach for 2023, does anyone have any insight?

Maryann
              Participant

No idea but applications closed about 8 July from memory.

TB
                Participant

Maybe they’re waiting for the CWGs to finish, cause the coach they’re going to announce is currently helping Jamaica ???‍♂️

thunder123
                  Participant

I can’t post the link, but Interesting to see Namana has been picked up by a club – to be named.

Khiarna Williams and Courtney Elliot are training partners for the Pulse

WeWood
                    Participant

Here’s that link:

Fantastic for Namana. She deserves to be at this level. Doing a quick search of all the teams however, seems it’s full at inn. Unless of course, an injury or change of circumstances for a player which we’re not aware of yet??

Current shooters:
                      Mystics: Falkner, Nweke, Vui
                      Stars: Hume, Malesala, Wilson
                      Magic: Ekenasio, Mes, Rowland
                      Pulse: Metuarau, Mvula, Walmsley
                      Tactix: Dunn, Glen, Selby-Rickit
                      Steel: Fisher, Heffernan, Tui

Wonder what happened with young Khiarna Williams at the Magic? Perhaps post injury wanting a change of scenery? That kid could do all the way I reckon.

Jinxibo
                      Participant

@wewood I wonder if it’s Stars?? I heard somewhere that Hume was going to have surgery on her shoulder. If it’s true she may not be ready to return.

Just realised Pulse only have 1 GA does that mean Walmsley is going to play out or will Williams get more court time even as a TP :unsure:

Maryann
                        Participant

@Wewood – no knowledge on what actually happened with Williams but I did wonder if the fact that she wasn’t due to return to late May (possibly it was delayed) just mean that as Magic were starting to gell then she simply wasn’t required.

Re Namana I’m glad that she’s been picked up, maybe its not NZ? It would be a waste to see a player of her potential give up the game.

Jinxibo
                          Participant

Hmm with 3 kiwi head coaches in VNSL it’s possible ? ? ?

RMB
                            Participant

Shannon Saunders pregnant… wonder if this means Winders to step in as Captain for the steel next year

WeWood
                                Participant

Judging by the reactions from her Ferns/Steel teammates, a real surprise. Congrats to Saunders and her husband.

Wonder if the to-be-announced news of Namana joining an ANZP team is her to Steel as a third shooting option with Georgia Heffernan moving to WA to partner her sister in C?

Otherwise you’d run Kate at WA, Winders at C and Savai’inaea at WD? Or do they re-sign Wilshier?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 451 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top