Are Silver Ferns safe in a league of their own?

Are Silver Ferns safe in a league of their own?2022-08-19T12:08:39+10:00
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
      TB
      Participant

I really don’t get this article. Questioning if Aus have a strong enough competition to develop the next lot of Diamonds coming through?
        Yet praising NZ for getting bronze, and boasting we have 3 players yet to come into the team ?‍♂️

DNT stupid decision to not start our strongest lineup against Jamaica, will always leave a sour taste for me. That 7 that won bronze, should have been the 7 for the semi final.

I’m a DNT fan, and I do believe she’ll get the Ferns back to the top. But she shouldn’t be getting praise for getting bronze IMO. Her excuse for not starting Nweke, was piss weak IMO.

WeWood
        Participant

I get why Taurua didn’t start Nweke against Jamaica. What I don’t understand is why it took so long to make the change between Wilson and Nweke.

Expecting Ekenasio to be back in the team for the Taini Jamison Series. I tried posting a video she posted on Instagram of her practicing her shooting, she looks fit.

RMB
            Participant

@WeWood all respect to DNT and the SF but i dont think even starting Nweke and Jury would of made a win… but maybe a better score margin?

WeWood
              Participant

@RMB same page – we definitely would not have won with Nweke and Jury starting. But I wouldn’t have left it so long with Nweke riding the pine.

Heck even if Watson, Burger and Ekenasio were on court I don’t think we would have won ?

This is the way I look at it. Australia doesn’t win and people complain there are too many internationals. NZ doesn’t win and people complain that NZ players don’t get enough experience against internationals. The answer may be somewhere between the two. I don’t think there’s a definitive right or wrong answer. But I will say this. I definitely find SSN more interesting thanks to those internationals.

al_ex
                  Participant

I completely agree Ian. At the beginning of SSN, I felt that there weren’t necessarily too many imports but that the coaches were choosing the wrong types of imports. de Bruin at the end of her career, Kelly and Tuivaiti with injuries etc. But now I can’t think of a single import who doesn’t deserve their spot over a local player. In fact I think pretty much all teams would collapse without their imports. Nelson is the only one who realistically could be out of a Starting 7 and she’s been far more consistent than Garbin. It could be argued that some teams should look to more imports (e.g. Greene-Noel over Kamo/Unie).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Go to Top