Ash Brazill

Ash Brazill2020-02-28T08:19:00+10:00

Forums Australia Ash Brazill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

She went down with a serious injury in tonight’s AFLW match. I haven’t seen it yet, but those that saw it reckons it looked like an ACL. She had to be stretchered off.

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Noooooooooo! She had just made it back to the Diamonds and the Pies are gonna have to re set again, they jsut can’t catch a break. I guess it’s good the the Browne sisters will both be back.
    Its ironic I was just reading the article today of the AFLW coaches that were hesitant to let her play in the weekends charity match cause they footy team was on a run. Looks like it turned out the opposite way.

I pray that this is not an ACL, I can’t handle this ahhhhh

DiamondsFAN
    Participant

Unfortunate for Braz. ACL or not hasn’t been confirmed yet. She said how much this match meant to her.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Listening to the commentators in the All-stars game and while no official announcement has been made, it is believed that her injury is more significant than just an ACL.

englishrose21
    Participant

Oh man yeh from what Liz and Cath said on the bushfire coverage it sounds like a horrific injury.
    Please don’t be career ending. Man this was her year for AFL and netball.
    So glad she has her little boy to focus on though

Cara Gledhill
    Participant
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

So sad to hear. What is the rehab time for an injury like this? I would assume it’s longer than a typical ACL injury.

mcleod
    Participant

11th ACL in the Women’s AFL this season, and comp has about 8 weeks still to go.
    It’s not a sport for the female body.

Iheartdiamonds
    Participant

It’s actually not longer than an ACL by itself. The rehab is slightly different cos she did her meniscus, but it would still be a 12 month process. My best mate did ACL, PCL, meniscus, cant remember if she did MCL, I think she may have, and it was a 12 month rehab

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Awful news!!!

Best midcourt player in Aus right now. Hopefully she comes back strong.

Replacement player?surely if Swifts dont promote Halpin, Magpies will sign her

Jinxibo
    Participant

Fi Toner or O’Hanlon would be perfect :yes:

I wonder if Dan is on the phone

Jinxibo
    Participant

Sorry I forgot to say poor Ash, deffo the best C/WD in SSN.

I hope she returns to Netball for at least 1 season so she can retire on her own terms :heart:

Get well soon

David
    Participant

11th ACL in the Women’s AFL this season, and comp has about 8 weeks still to go.
    It’s not a sport for the female body.

And yet netball is? I think it’s less about gender and more about the physical preparation required.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia Ash Brazill