Bailey Mes unavailable for remainder of 2020 ANZ Premiership

Bailey Mes unavailable for remainder of 2020 ANZ Premiership2020-05-19T07:42:15+10:00

Forums New Zealand Bailey Mes unavailable for remainder of 2020 ANZ Premiership

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    al_ex
    Participant

Really disappointing. It seems like she had her surgery really late given the injury started bothering her at the beginning of the year. Was the date affected by COVID-19 related elective surgery cutbacks?

Maryann
    Participant

I think covid level 4 must have delayed it. she’d had some minor surgery done before the pre-season games but clearly it didn’t solve the problem.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

That’s a shame. But, it doesn’t sound too serious and should be fine after the rehab.
    Surprised with Grapes getting the full contract. Good mover of the ball, but doesn’t seem confident on the shot. Nweke Tui and Grapes is a young line up. Guess it’s good for netball NZ!

al_ex
    Participant

Mystics has traditionally been a team that’s been unbalanced and stacked with stars, often under-performing especially during ANZ Champs days. They seem to be NZL’s Collingwood a bit. I’m not saying that Mes contributed to this at all, but having less stars and more young talent may balance out the team’s egos and create a better environment and culture? I think it really helped the Pulse culturally when Dunn and Metuarau came onto the scene.

Waylay
    Participant

What a shame. Mes was looking good for a big year, as are the Mystics! All 3 shooters under 18 years of age is a rare sight in any professional netball team. I’d have thought they would have tried to chase Ellen Halpenny, I know she played for them during pre-season and her experience would be a great fit – but I’d imagine she would be pretty busy in her new job as a police officer! Mystics should still be a strong team this year.

minkie
    Participant

COVID19 delayed surgery but think other avenues had been tried since world cup but it didn’t fix the problem. It is what it is :unsure:

Nesian
    Participant

Mes is a big loss and I don’t think the Mystics will do well now. The shooting circle is too young and you need a pair of old shoulders in there where when things don’t go to plan. Grapes is an awful shooter and Wilson doesn’t seem to like Tui for some reason.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand Bailey Mes unavailable for remainder of 2020 ANZ Premiership