Born To Shine Series

Born To Shine Series2021-09-13T12:42:03+10:00
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Waylay
      Participant

Queensland Sapphires absolutely whooped the Sunshine Coast Lightning team 69-37 (who consisted of many of their training partners – Annabelle Lawrie, Maddie Hinchliffe, Annika-lee Jones, Sienna Allen).

I was SO impressed by the Sapphires shooting pairing of GS Reilley Batcheldor and GA Mia Stower. Batcheldor in particular was outstanding. Moves a lot like Cara Koenen but can shoot long as well, a joy to watch. Vicki Wilson was the coach of the Lightning team and would HAVE to be impressed – possibly could get a call up into the Lightning 10. Well and truly ready. Leesa Mi Mi was also electric at WA. Blakewell-Doran at GD and Hulita Veve at WD also probably had about 6 intercepts each. I really hope both get an opportunity with the Firebirds in 2022.

For the Lightning Annika Lee Jones played GS and struggled. Annie Lawrie was good and shot well but just didn’t do enough work up the court. Sienna Allen was very slow in her cameo on the court.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Waylay.
        sami j
        Participant

Does anyone know why Binnian Hunt didn’t play for the lightning. I know she has been signed by the pulse but she was originally named in this team and then didn’t feature at all in the game day team

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by sami j.
          thunder123
          Participant

I didn’t see the game today but may tune in on Facebook later tonight. I was impressed with Batcheldor in the QLD GF a few weeks ago.
            Re Sienna Allen, I’ve watched her in South Australia and was shocked when she got a training partner call up for the lightning.
            QLD have a lot of depth with Batcheldor, Stower, MiMi, Gardner, Veve, Bakewell-Doran. I’m sure there’s others I’ve missed too

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Go to Top