Caitlin Bassett announces retirement

Caitlin Bassett announces retirement2022-02-11T16:39:53+10:00
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

2 World Cup wins
        1 Comm Games gold
        2 SSN titles
        102 test caps
        2863 test goals

Netballcrazy1
          Participant

Congratulations to her on such an illustrious career. Was a rock for the Diamonds.

JR
              Participant

Interesting article. Thanks for posting Ian.

TB
                Participant

That was a really good read! IVD retirement story is quite similar. Both players being pushed out or purely not wanted anymore.

It’s interesting what a 1 goal loss (x2) can do. Had it been a 1 goal win, I feel CBass would be still involved/wanted by netball regardless of having an injury.

IMO CBass really saved the Diamonds, and was a huge factor to all their success. When McMahon had retired, they needed a champion or a “go-to” shooter. Cox was coming to the end of her career, and was well covered by Ferns defenders. The 2011 WC was a prime example of it. Ferns defenders struggled to contain her.

I find people either loved her, or was completely not a fan (hate is too strong a word).

Hope she’s able to enjoy retirement, and find an amazing career to continue in!

Netballcrazy1
                  Participant

I just found out Caitlin Bassett is pet-sitting to make rent. No words.

Shooter Tamara
                    Participant

What happened to the media career? I thought she originally moved to Sydney to further that?

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

“While female athletes – Bassett included – usually have a degree under their belt by the time they retire from sport, it is difficult to enter the workforce in your mid-30s with a resume filled only with sporting achievements.”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Go to Top