SSN Grand Final to be held in Perth

SSN Grand Final to be held in Perth2022-06-02T17:02:05+10:00

Forums Australia SSN Grand Final to be held in Perth

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Medhurst has confirmed the expected:
    “In 2020, SSN made the decision only six weeks out from the season to completely change the way in which the game was played, as well as how coaches and clubs recruit, by introducing the still-contentious two-point shot. That decision was made with zero player or club consultation, despite them being the ones most heavily impacted. The ones who had to play under the rules.

At the time, a furious playing group was promised by SSN and Netball Australia that there would be greater transparency and collaboration in decision-making moving forward. This was all in writing and something that I, as president of the Players Association at the time, was a part of, communicating back and forth with the league.

Two years later, it is apparent that nothing has changed.”

From codesports

Cb98
    Participant

Nate
    Participant

Players at least wanted the 2 point zone made smaller and further out for this year, and again werent listened too.

‘Best netball league in the world’

Very clearly a self appointed title. Doesnt even make for enjoyable watching which is what NA and SSN was aiming at with these changes.

Nate
    Participant

Totally agree with that statment from Jo however still with the ‘women’ thing, so far behind NZ netball about inclusion, and why netball will never be an Olympic sport which is one of their aims for Brisbane. Just my opinion from a male that is heavily involved in all aspects of netball. 🤷‍♂️

vanhelsing
    Participant

Looking at it neutrally and taking my team’s hat off, the rotation thing is no different to that of the NFL and there will be times in which the host city aligns to a team. Finishing top two is still important in terms of hosting the major semi and getting double chance.

It’s interesting timing for sure, they absolutely could/should have started this next year, but clearly there’s a financial impact at play here. It will be interesting to see the further financial impact of Fever don’t make the GF, given that the League would then rely on people to travel to Perth for the game. We won’t ever know the extent to which the WA Govt is underwriting this.

In terms of the comments around Fever buying the GF, it should be pretty clear that it’s not anything to do with Fever.

Interesting times ahead for those in the NA building. I do wonder if the uproar would be the same if they’d awarded it to Sydney or Adelaide this year. Very interesting times ahead!!!

mcleod
    Participant

This could get very ugly for netball Australia.

Ian Harkin
    D-fencr
    Participant

Excellent statement. Sums it all up really. Something has to change.

NB12
    Participant

JR – Simmons was not available last round.

Swifts1
    Participant

This is a disgrace. I feel gutted for the Vixens and the rest of clubs. The worst part is the way this has been handled – with a complete disregard and disrespect for the netty community.

Having said that if it was a choice between this and no SSN I guess I would have to accept it.

I have platinum membership of both Swifts and the Giants because it was important to me to support the clubs financially after COVID. Things like this and the 2 point shot makes me question why I bother to support a support that has so little regard for players, clubs and the fans.

Nate
    Participant

4million in banks loans so they sell out for a WA final so they can give prize money to the 2 Grand finalists? Doesnt make sense at all. How much more than the $125k prize money are WA paying to host the final?

StatsNerd21
    Participant

I read there’s $300 000 in cash for a $650 000 total deal. Almost 20% of the money gone… such strange decision making :unsure:

Nate
    Participant

@StatsNerd21 wow that amakes it even stranger.

The whole thing just smells fishy imo.

So if 300k is cash how is the rest implemented?

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Since when is there $125k prize money?? I’d rather they take the money to dig out the financial hole and revert to the normal finals hosting system.

Also where’s the $4M figure from, I’d be interested to read up on all this.

Ian Harkin
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN Grand Final to be held in Perth