CWG Diamonds Squad

CWG Diamonds Squad2022-04-21T18:07:22+10:00

Forums Australia CWG Diamonds Squad

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Pivot says players receive calls tomorrow but not sure when it’ll be announced- hopefully tomorrow for us too :whistle:

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Tomorrow?! Wow that’s soon, imagine how awful it would be if Proud gets a call telling her she didn’t make it a week after getting back in the squad :( But I do think the midcourt will be very competitive.

JR
    Participant

Hope Pivot was wrong about that….why announce BEFORE the season is over, especially when they’ve so recently added the two new squad members.

Who is training in Perth after the GF?

JR
    Participant

After Round 13

Aryang (R5)
    Austin (R8, R10)
    Brazill (R4, R6, R9)
    Bruce (R1, R2, R3, R5)
    Bueta (R2, R4, R12)
    Dwyer (R5, R6, R7, R13)
    Hadley (R13)
    Klau (R9)
    Koenen (R6)
    Moloney (R3, R10 as WD, R11)
    Parmenter (R1, R12)
    Price (R1)
    Proud (R13 – and four times before being added to the squad)
    Turner (R3 – as WD, R8)
    Watson (R1, R9, R10 as Centre)
    Wallam (R2)
    Wood (R11)
    Weston (R1, R3, R6, R12)

I hadn’t taken notes if RB-D had been in Scoop’s Team of the Week before she was added to the squad.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by JR.
    NB12
    Participant

I am not sure what the deadline is but CWG require all team names to be sent to them officially by a certain date. So, while we may not hear for a little while, the team does need to be named.

Maryann
    Participant

@NB12 – they must have a wee bit of time because Ferns trials are June 20-23 and after that the team will be named.

@Netballcrazy – would you be surprised really? Its pretty brutal out there and particularly with the way players are dropped. I think Proud has done so much this season but as a late addition then maybe SM has bowed to public pressure knowing she can just drop her again?

NB12
    Participant

Thanks Maryann, that is good insight. I note the Scotland team has just been named, I wonder if the Australian CWG commission also has a hand in creating it’s own deadline within Australia?

It’s important to keep in mind that Australia will be naming training partners/reserves to travel with the team. It feels as if the Diamonds are going to go with a defence heavy midcourt, that probably leaves the door open for Proud to travel with the team should she not be selected.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

@maryann, no you’re right I wouldn’t be surprised, which is why I said it will be quite competitive for those midcourt positions. I agree, I don’t think it’s very farfetched that SM may have possibly given in to some public pressure but maybe she was impressed by her improvements, who knows with her. Probably wasn’t that much of a sacrifice on her part since that last midcourt spot probably would’ve come down to Proud/Rav/Browne anyways.

JR
    Participant

Proud has been in the Scoop team of the week more than anyone else in the squad and from what I remember, it’s not just more recent rounds. From what I have written here she was in it two times by Round 6. So not sure ‘improvements’ is right – I reckon she’s been consistently good throughout the season. No idea why SM didn’t include her orginally, except for having to choose from a lot of very good mid-court players.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Looks like Paige Hadley has gotten caught getting fitted for the CWG Team Australia unfiform (blazer, shirt etc.). Imagine someone posted on Facebook.

V_man
    Participant

Bassett’s Comm Games Squad –

Shooters
    Austin
    Bueta
    Koenan
    Wood

Mid-court
    Hadley
    Parmenter
    Proud
    Watson

Defence
    Bruce
    Klau
    Turner
    Weston

Training partners
    Brazill
    Dwyer
    Bakewell-Doran

I’d swap out Parmenter for Moloney based on the Vixens combinations. I’d like Braz to be named in the squad but feel like without Browne or Garbin there’s less of a case. There’s too much depth in the mid court. I wish there was a Diamonds vs Aus A series.

Cb98
    Participant

nanator
    Participant

Turner has been so consistent at GD this year. Very disappointed if she’s not in the team.

Cb98
    Participant

Same re: Turner. I think she’s been good this year, and shown good versatility across all three defensive positions.

I’ll be absolutely furious though if the midcourt is correct. Proud should at the very least be a travelling reserve – Price had NINE turnovers on Saturday, and I was not impressed with her at Quad series at all.

amandalouise
    Participant

Looks like code sports have announced the team

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia CWG Diamonds Squad